Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Jake Heidbreder, 6'5" guard from Air Force.  Two years of eligibility left, started both years at Air Force.  Leading scorer from Air Force.  Volume three point shooter.  Averaged 15.1 points, 3.3 rebounds, and 1.7 assists.  Shot 49/39/87.  Originally from Indiana, played at Floyd Central.

16 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Western Kentucky guard Dayvion McKnight.  6’1”.  Averaged 16.5 points, 5 rebounds, 3.8 assists.  Will have two years left.

Iona guard Willie Clayton.  16.8 ppg.  Wouldn’t be surprised to see him follow Pitino.

Curtis Jones, 6’5” guard from Buffalo.  15 points, 4.8 reb, 3 ast.

really good one:  DeMarcus Sharp, Northwestern State.  South land conference POY.  6’3”.  Averaged 19.5 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists.  Driver and facilitator who is a low volume three point shooter but hit 29 of the 53 threes he took this year.

I don't think Curtis Jones is coming back! Otherwise good list.

17 hours ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Sophomore Payton Sparks has entered the portal out of BSU and has heard from several high D1 programs. Potentially a significant loss for coach Mike Lewis.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

14 minutes ago, HoosierDad14 said:

Have a hard time thinking Woody goes with an Ike or Payton type big. He already has something similar in Malik and my guess (or maybe hope) is that he is looking for a more mobile big. Someone closer to a Noah Clowney or Arrinten Page type with some versatility.

Ike maybe, he could become a high level player. Payton is not the kind of player woody or we should want. No disrespect to him but we don’t need another Durr situation 

59 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Jake Heidbreder, 6'5" guard from Air Force.  Two years of eligibility left, started both years at Air Force.  Leading scorer from Air Force.  Volume three point shooter.  Averaged 15.1 points, 3.3 rebounds, and 1.7 assists.  Shot 49/39/87.  Originally from Indiana, played at Floyd Central.

Shooting is great. I wonder if he is a good enough athlete for what we need 

Interesting that we have yet to hear anything regarding any IU players entering the portal. Did Woody ask them to wait or maybe they are not as anxious to leave?
They usually have a meeting this week and then mass exodus after the meeting. That's kind of what I have noticed under Woodson in the limited time the portal been happening

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, Me So Hornsby said:

Shooting is great. I wonder if he is a good enough athlete for what we need 

Compared to Kopp, he may give up a couple inches but he has to be more athletic.

They usually have a meeting this week and then mass exodus after the meeting. That's kind of what I have noticed under Woodson in the limited time the portal been happening

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Yep. Exit interviews and then decisions are made. Going to be interesting to see who enters. I think the common thought is Duncomb is gone and Bates/Geronimo may be gone. I’m probably in the minority but I still believe in Tamar and hope he sticks it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Compared to Kopp, he may give up a couple inches but he has to be more athletic.

Definitely more athletic than Miller. But I don’t want more athletic than Miller, I want substantially more athletic than Miller. Shooting is important but we need + athletes in the worst way

2 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I dont understand this situation as far as transferring would go? Is he not under an obligation to the Air Force?

Just now, RaceToTheTop said:

Once you enter your Junior year, you are.  Prior to doing so you are not.

Thank you, I wasn't for sure how that works.

49 minutes ago, Me So Hornsby said:

Definitely more athletic than Miller. But I don’t want more athletic than Miller, I want substantially more athletic than Miller. Shooting is important but we need + athletes in the worst way

I think it depends on the role the player has.  It would be nice to bring in guys who are both shooters and great athletes would be nice, but really good at one is probably better than just decent at both.

1 hour ago, HoosierDad14 said:

Have a hard time thinking Woody goes with an Ike or Payton type big. He already has something similar in Malik and my guess (or maybe hope) is that he is looking for a more mobile big. Someone closer to a Noah Clowney or Arrinten Page type with some versatility.

I would thing it’s more likely that if he does bring in a big with no ability to shoot from outside that it would likely be someone to backup Reneau.  Sparks isn’t looking to go somewhere as a backup.

2 hours ago, HoosierDad14 said:

If IU reaches out to either of those kids, we need to recalibrate our thinking because our assumptions about Woody’s vision of the program are flat wrong.