Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

3 hours ago, Demo said:

Graham Ike from Wyoming entering the portal. Didn’t play this year due to a foot injury, but a really skilled big. Would think he’ll be 1 of the hottest names on the market if his foot checks out.

With Ike:  Wyoming was a tournament.

without Ike but almost everyone back:  Wyoming was a 10 win team.

Western Kentucky guard Dayvion McKnight.  6’1”.  Averaged 16.5 points, 5 rebounds, 3.8 assists.  Will have two years left.

Iona guard Willie Clayton.  16.8 ppg.  Wouldn’t be surprised to see him follow Pitino.

Curtis Jones, 6’5” guard from Buffalo.  15 points, 4.8 reb, 3 ast.

really good one:  DeMarcus Sharp, Northwestern State.  South land conference POY.  6’3”.  Averaged 19.5 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists.  Driver and facilitator who is a low volume three point shooter but hit 29 of the 53 threes he took this year.

7 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Western Kentucky guard Dayvion McKnight.  6’1”.  Averaged 16.5 points, 5 rebounds, 3.8 assists.  Will have two years left.

Iona guard Willie Clayton.  16.8 ppg.  Wouldn’t be surprised to see him follow Pitino.

Curtis Jones, 6’5” guard from Buffalo.  15 points, 4.8 reb, 3 ast.

really good one:  DeMarcus Sharp, Northwestern State.  South land conference POY.  6’3”.  Averaged 19.5 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists.  Driver and facilitator who is a low volume three point shooter but hit 29 of the 53 threes he took this year.

DeMarcus Sharp seems like he matters 

A couple of players I don't think have been listed here but entered the portal earlier --

Rienk Mast, Bradley.  Entered the portal yesterday.  6'9", 240 pound forward.  13.8 points, 8.0 rebounds, 2.4 assists.  First team All-MVC.  Can shoot the three some, 24 of 68 (35%) this past year, 84 for 255 (33%) over three years.

Noah Fernandes, Massachusetts.  5'11" guard, only played 11 games for U Mass this past year before his season ended due to injury.  Point guard who can shoot the three.  In three years at UMass, averaged 13 points, 3 rebounds, and 5 assists.  Shot 38% from three.

Jae'Lyn Withers, Louisville.  6'9" forward.  Was on the ACC all freshman team two years ago when he averaged 10.1 points and 7.7 rebounds in 25 minutes per game.  The past couple years have not went as well for him, but has shot 46/35/70 over three seasons and averaged 8.1 points and 5.6 rebounds in 23 minutes per game over three years and is known as a decent defender.

7 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

@Uspshoosier, you've probably seen Rienk Mast play a few times.  You're opinion of him?  Only seeing him from a numbers/accolades standpoint, he looks like he'd be a pretty good get for someone.

Obviously, I'm not who you asked, but I have connections to BU basketball, so if you don't mind I'll take a stab here. 

He's a very below the rim player. Fundamentals are good. Athletic, he is not -- not quick on his feet or fast. Good footwork around the rim. Patient defender. Doesn't take players off the dribble. It's a spot up three or traditional back to the basket moves. He's similar to Race in these regards. 

If IU wants athletic shot makers, people to create their own shot and open opportunities for others, he isn't a good option. 

If IU wants someone similar to Race who could spell Malik, then IU should talk to him. 

18 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

@Uspshoosier, you've probably seen Rienk Mast play a few times.  You're opinion of him?  Only seeing him from a numbers/accolades standpoint, he looks like he'd be a pretty good get for someone.

Not sure he fits what Woody wants athletically, but Bradley out-dawged ISU in a game I went to and he led the charge. Think I read somewhere we’re in the market for that. 

He was bodying folks all night on the boards and inside on both ends. 

15 hours ago, ebridges24 said:

Rivals shows IPFW and IUPUI as schools of interest, look out!

IPFW doesn't exist any more.  It is P-FW.

13 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Not around here.....it will forever be referred to as IPFW

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

LOL.  My Dad graduated from there...Purdue side.  My son also graduated from there...IU side.