Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

50 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

I'm excited to see how he builds next year's team. TJD will be missed a lot but him moving on will release Woodson from having to build an offense around him. Now is the chance to start building the type of team he said he wanted when he was hired. That type of team would've been better able to compete with teams like Miami, Iowa, and PSU, I think.

Yeah think Arkansas, Alabama and the Baylor team that won it a few years ago.

Long, lanky, and speedy athletes that can defend and allow you to spread the floor and knock down open 3’s

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Watch the videos. Kowacie Reeves is what we do not have. A seriously high-level, lanky athlete at the wing. He's not a finished product? Okay - I get it. 

But I promise you this; Mike Woodson is not a dump it into the post coach, and kids like Kowacie Reeves are a better fit for that style of play. 

FWIW, so are CJ Gunn and Jakai Newton.

Certainly the kind of portal kid we want to take a serious look at.  Has a couple years left, stuck with FL thru their coaching change.  May need the kind of development Woodson can provide (see JHS).  

2 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

A guard that shot 26% from 3 on 4 attempts and 50% from 2.  I sincerely hope he's an otherworldly defender.

It looks to me like a lot of his threes are a step or two behind the line with a hand in his face. His shot looks like it could be improved with some tweaks and his % would probably increase just from taking shots that are more open. He looks like a player with potential yet to reach and if the staff is confident he is the type that will put in the work, he's more than worth a shot IMO. 

Temple sophomore Zach Hicks is entering the transfer portal, he tells @247SportsPortal. 6-7 wing that averaged 9.6 points, 5.1 rebounds and 1.6 assists a game this season. Shooting 36.3% from three on his career on over 6 attempts a game.

Zk8T8Z2M_bigger.jpg

5 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

'Not a finished product' that's an understatement.

I get Woodson wants to play a perimeter oriented style, for that to be effective you need to hit them and not at a rate that makes Tamar Bates look like Matt Roth.  There has to be a better option than a 26% percent shooter from distance.

If he was an otherworldly defender, maybe.  Otherwise I'd pass.

I think those are valid concerns.

If I get this correct, so far we know that the staff has had contact with:

Chris Ledlum, Harvard:  Three years at Harvard, would have two years of eligibility left.  Forward, 6'6", 225 lbs, shot 47/29/64 last year, career 45/29/64.  Averaged 8.5 rebounds per game, 1.6 assists, 18.8 ppg.  Two year starter.

Nicolas Timberlake, Towson:  Five years at Towson, granted a medical redshirt his first year.  Shot 46/42/85 last year, averaged 17.7 points, 3.9 rebounds, 2.4 assists.  42/38/79 shooter for his career.

Jamison Battle, Minnesota.  Two years at George Washington, two years at Minnesota.  Four year starter.  Shot 37/31/78 last year (down shooting year) and averaged 12.4 points, 3.8 points, and 1.7 assists.  For his career, has shot 42/35/79 and averaged 14.4 points, 5.2 rebounds, and 1.0 assist.

Kawacie Reeves, Florida.  Two years at Florida.   6'6" guard.  Shot 38/26/71 last season, 38/33/75 as a freshman.  Averaged 8.5 points, 2.6 rebounds, and 0.5 assists in 19 minutes per game last year.

New in the portal:

Jared Bynum, Providence.  5'10" point guard.  Started 78 games in 4 seasons.   Averaged 10.3 points, 2.9 rebounds,and 4.2 assists over four years.  Shot 40/33/74.

Xavier Dusell, Wyoming.  Not a complete player but can shoot the ball.  Shot 42% from three this season from deep and 40% for his career.  Averaged 8 ppg over three seasons.