Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I would speculate that IU is looking at one guy for a portal wing and reaching out to a few qualified candidates to see which has high interest. 

Next, I would strongly suspect that we are reaching out to, or have already reached out to a priority big. Especially one that can rim protect (more than create offense).

The latter should be priority 1 and what worries me about next year's roster more than anything.

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

We can multitask 

I sure hope so.

But again,we have to get a defensive big with TDJ and RT gone. Malik will never be a defensive stopper.Get that and everything else is gravy.

18 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Bigger names (pun intended) will start popping up as teams are steadily eliminated from the season ending tournaments.

Has anybody tried to estimate, how many D1 teams are not playing still.

Just now, Hovadipo said:

This thread is about to get real popular lol.

Gotta think that if he's entering again, this time it is with the intention of leaving.

All numbers improved incrementally last year, except for free throws. He's not a lanky rim protector -- more like a Malik Reneau style skill set.

7 hours ago, jbeaman9 said:

Staff had a zoom with him, want to get him on campus.

A lot to like about his stats, strong 3p & FT shooter. A little smaller than I would prefer at the '3', but seems pretty dynamic. Can see why he'll be very popular. 

1 hour ago, Scotty R said:

I would pass, pretty similar kind of players as Reneau. Sparks isn't athletic at all and barely jumps off the floor

Would tend to agree with you, but depending on roster moves, IU might be in the market for a few big bodies. 

14 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

And Battle says hello to the Portal

Now this is a player I could get behind, I think. Not as athletic as I’d like but his shot making ability is super strong.  Problem might be, he’s a stretch 4 without  ideal height. Can he play the 3?  Can he replace Miller Kopp?  Then I’d be excited. 

9 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Now this is a player I could get behind, I think. Not as athletic as I’d like but his shot making ability is super strong.  Problem might be, he’s a stretch 4 without  ideal height. Can he play the 3?  Can he replace Miller Kopp?  Then I’d be excited. 

Without ideal height? What is the ideal height for a stretch 4 in your opinion? 

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

True.  Height/Athleticism combo. He listed at 6’8”? Or 7?

Watford was the ideal stretch 4 college player imo. 

He's listed 6'7" and I'd say more athletic than Watford was but probably not as good in the post as Watford. But I'd agree, Watford was the ideal stretch 4 but think of him trying to guard Murry from Iowa. That is what the 4 is going to look like more often than not I think.