Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, Napleshoosier said:

How many spots to we need to replace?  And I have no idea how we recruit from the portal.  We just call them on the phone and say we want to meet them?  Are we doing that now?

1. We are guaranteed to lose three players (TJD, Race, Kopp) and I'd guess we'll lose a total of four or five. We have two incoming freshmen. So from the portal? I'd guess approximately two.
  2. Hulls would be the logical role to identify possible good fits for IU, though an assistant with a connection to a player would raise that name (like Kenya did with Xavier Johnson).
  3. There is also a possibility that a portal player would reach out to IU to express interest, likely through an AAU coach or family member.
  4. Woody should ultimately be approving (beyond interest gauging) our outreach to a player.
  5. We reach out to portal players by calling - either to the player directly or to his designated rep (AAU coach, family, etc.) Hulls would be the logical first caller, but for special players it may be an assistant or even Woody.
  6. Are we doing that now? I would think...yes, very much so. Especially by Hulls and especially to gauge interest. 

56 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

But he's a true point guard and is 6'1". That's our position of lowest need with X, Cupps, and Trey.

I like trey but when teams press I was not as comfortable with him handling the ball.  With X and Cupps we are pretty good but if either go down for a few games I like depth at ball handling positions. 

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Archie, Archie, Archie -

Rhode Island sophomore guard Ishmael Leggett plans to transfer, he tells @On3sports. Averaged 16.4 points, 5.3 rebounds, 2.4 assists this season. Rams’ leading scorer.

Averaged 16?  That was like half of their points in Archie’s stellar offense!