Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Putting this in the transfer portal thread because he's been in it before, feel free to move it.

Would Keion Brooks Jr have helped this year's team? I have to think he wanted to come here, but Woodson said no.

His numbers at 16-16 Washington:

17.7 PPG

6.7 RPG

43% FG%

28.6% 3P%

4 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

6-5 175, shot 35% from 3 last year on 4 attempts per game and only 49% from 2.  About 90% from the stripe.

He averaged 8.1 3PA last year, not 4.

38 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Putting this in the transfer portal thread because he's been in it before, feel free to move it.

Would Keion Brooks Jr have helped this year's team? I have to think he wanted to come here, but Woodson said no.

His numbers at 16-16 Washington:

17.7 PPG

6.7 RPG

43% FG%

28.6% 3P%

1. Of course he would have. 

2. I guess I don't understand why you'd think that. Especially the Woodson said no part. 

38 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Here’s a fresh decommitted player. Don’t know much about him. 

E04D6C8C-73E4-49D5-B3A6-097BE55DA20B.png

Blue Cain, 2023 4* was committed to Georgia Tech.  Averaged 19.7 points, 5.7 boards, 2.8 steals for Knoxville Catholic before going to IMG.  At the National Basketball Players Association event he made the all star team after averaging 10.6 points, 6.3 boards, 3.3 assists and 1.4 steals.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fCEPPM07i5E

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

1. Of course he would have. 

2. I guess I don't understand why you'd think that. Especially the Woodson said no part. 

Our primary need after last season was shooting, primarily from the outside.

He wouldn't have fixed that. He had roughly 22% 3P% at Kentucky. I'm not sure whose minutes he would have taken here.

6 hours ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Here’s a fresh decommitted player. Don’t know much about him. 

E04D6C8C-73E4-49D5-B3A6-097BE55DA20B.png

247 lists him as the 94th best recruit in 2023.  Shooting guard, okay perimeter game, good mid range pull up shooter.  Says he will need to work on building his body up to maximize his game at a P5 level.  Recommitted from Georgia Tech after Pastner was fired.  Power 5 teams that recruited him were Georgia Tech, Syracuse, Tennessee and South Carolina.

FWIW, I don't have any indication in the records I keep that we ever took a look at Blue Cain and since Khani Rooths, Jaimie Kaiser and Alex Karaban also played at IMG, I'm assuming there was nothing that stood out to our staff to pique any interest in Cain.

23 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Not sure how Wisky or Marquette let him out of Wisconsin the first time around but I would guess both will be hard after him this time around.    Kid can play 

He made this list back in December:

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-basketball-Fabulous-freshmen-point-guards-making-mark-through-one-month-of-2022-23-season-199637528/#199637528_1