Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

This will be an interesting follow. Elijah Fisher from Texas Tech announces transfer. Reclassed up to ‘22 and was in the back end of the rotation at TTU. Had a great offer list as a ‘23. Not a great shooter, but an absolutely elite athlete at 6’6” and a terrific defender. Some similarities to a young Terrence Shannon. No idea if IU would be interested, but he’ll get way better offers than most 3ppg guys.

Maybe worth keeping an eye on: Jaemyn Brakefield from Ole Miss announces transfer. Had an IU offer under Archie, though it never went anywhere. I believe Hunter was his recruiter. Kind of a small ball 4. Averaged 11/6 in the SEC. 2 years of eligibility. 

2 minutes ago, Demo said:

Maybe worth keeping an eye on: Jaemyn Brakefield from Ole Miss announces transfer. Had an IU offer under Archie, though it never went anywhere. I believe Hunter was his recruiter. Kind of a small ball 4. Averaged 11/6 in the SEC. 2 years of eligibility. 

I found him in my database.  We offered in June and he committed to Duke in Oct. 2019.  Never realized he had left Duke.

FWIW, we offered Skyy Clark in April '20.

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I found him in my database.  We offered in June and he committed to Duke in Oct. 2019.  Never realized he had left Duke.

FWIW, we offered Skyy Clark in April '20.

And he’s a lefty, so Woody would love him. 

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Someone on the staff is going to need to be early and active as “they” will be.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Yes for sure from the team perspective but I was talking about us posters on here being busy breaking down our games and excited to keep advancing in the tournament. 

20 minutes ago, tkbbn said:

Yes for sure from the team perspective but I was talking about us posters on here being busy breaking down our games and excited to keep advancing in the tournament. 

Touche!

3 hours ago, Ryno6284 said:

This thread will be fun the next few months!

As long as we don't get off topic in a way that isn't pumping sunshine.

What are we thinking we need from the portal if the likely scenarios play out?

Leaving: Race, Kopp, TJD, JHS

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

As long as we don't get off topic in a way that isn't pumping sunshine.

What are we thinking we need from the portal if the likely scenarios play out?

Leaving: Race, Kopp, TJD, JHS

An Omiyuri sp? type 5 and killers! Wings, SG whatever position you want to call them.  Guys who know what it takes to get it done!

Just now, Ryno6284 said:

An Omiyuri sp? type 5 and killers! Wings, SG whatever position you want to call them.  Guys who know what it takes to get it done!

Completely agree about recruiting attitude through the portal. We have room to grow there.

Adding a wing that could score at all three levels would help XJ along with Gallo making improvements in consistency.

I'm interested to see what we do at the 5 post TJD. A rim protector with mobility but could defend if switched on smaller wings.