Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

19 hours ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Not sure where to drop this, but I am seeing that Stansbury is out at WKU.  I hope the next staff can unlock Lander - he played in all 31 games w/ 2 starts and an eFG of 38.0 (not great...)

Theres no "unlocking" to be done, man. In a respectful way, he's just not that good. 

Just now, Banksyrules said:

You always argue in bad faith. Honestly this is the last time I'll respond. 

You came to this thread and made claims... I think they're incredibly outlandish and filled with the emotion of a loss... which is fine, you can post however you want.... 

But the question remains, who on our team are you referring to? 

"We keep recruiting kids that when it gets tough they all break down" .... were your words, are you referring to JHS and MR? 

15 hours ago, Banksyrules said:

We keep recruiting kids that when it gets tough they all break down.

Do you mean like Jalen Hood-Schifino? He did miss the 3-point shot that would have sent the game into overtime, so maybe that qualifies as a breakdown.

4 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Think it’s still way too early to know.

Yep. There will probably be a large influx of players entering tomorrow and Tuesday from teams with no postseason and then a steady stream for the next couple of weeks as teams have their seasons end.

3 hours ago, Honkyman said:

Do you mean like Jalen Hood-Schifino? He did miss the 3-point shot that would have sent the game into overtime, so maybe that qualifies as a breakdown.

Through the course of an entire game. Not for any specific moment. Just some who seem to be consistently afraid of playing or simply having lapses in concentration while defending. These are college kids so I'm trying to not personally attack them  but at the same time it's clear other programs have more quality depth of players who just bunker down and stay within themselves. I'm typically talking about veterans and not freshmen (growth period needs to be taken to account).  Names of reference of the players who's style of play I wish we had (A.J. Moye, Dan Fife, Oladipo, Michael Lewis). Gabe Cupps from the games I've seen  seems to be one of those guys.

1 minute ago, Banksyrules said:

Through the course of an entire game. Not for any specific moment. Just some who seem to be consistently afraid of playing or simply having lapses in concentration while defending. These are college kids so I'm trying to pick personally attack  but at the same time it's clear other programs have more quality depth of players who just bunker down and stay within themselves. I'm typically talking about veterans and not freshmen (grow period needs to be taken to account).  Names of reference of the players who's style of play I wish we had (A.J. Moye, Dan Fife, Oladipo, Michael Lewis). Gabe Cupps from the games I've seen  seems to be one of those guys.

I think if you go on other fan’s message boards you would see they don’t agree with your assessment of their own players.

4 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I think if you go on other fan’s message boards you would see they don’t agree with your assessment of their own players.

Oh I agree, but there are degrees. Our teams for the past 30 years (minus maybe five years) have missed the mark and I think being unable to pick good players to give us the consistent depth we need to win games. If you disagree I'll respect that. 

59 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Through the course of an entire game. Not for any specific moment. Just some who seem to be consistently afraid of playing or simply having lapses in concentration while defending. These are college kids so I'm trying to personally attack them  but at the same time it's clear other programs have more quality depth of players who just bunker down and stay within themselves. I'm typically talking about veterans and not freshmen (growth period needs to be taken to account).  Names of reference of the players who's style of play I wish we had (A.J. Moye, Dan Fife, Oladipo, Michael Lewis). Gabe Cupps from the games I've seen  seems to be one of those guys.

Like having a pass thrown to you that is deflected and that leader kind of trots down the court for an excellent view of another 3 dropping on us?

Just now, Scotty R said:

What mediocre teams have we lost to. I think every loss this year is to a tournament team.

I guess the word mediocre is a bit harsh. We should have been able to take one or when we were an elite program 2 games against Penn State and Northwestern. 

5 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

I guess the word mediocre is a bit harsh. We should have been able to take one or when we were an elite program 2 games against Penn State and Northwestern. 

Historically, Penn State and Northwestern have been mediocre even bad. But this year both have been good.