Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

3 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Doesn't that just mean he's a high-volume, low-efficiency shooter? 

Obviously he has some skills....but we don't need a stockier version of Bracey Wright hoisting up 25 shots a game.

Best, or one of the best, players on his team. Asked to do more offensively. He comes here his attempts will go down with more skill around him resulting in more efficient scoring, hopefully. I'm just saying he is more of an offensive threat than Race has ever been which will be welcome since we are losing so much point production after this season.

so he's a 6'6'' version of Race Thompson with some wing skills.  LOL  

I guess you can be like football recruiting and judge by who wants him as his biggest positive.  

Being tough and not scared of the moment is a big one though, and we need that in spades.  

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

so he's a 6'6'' version of Race Thompson with some wing skills.  LOL  

I guess you can be like football recruiting and judge by who wants him as his biggest positive.  

Being tough and not scared of the moment is a big one though, and we need that in spades.  

I’ve seen him play on a televised game once, and I don’t think his game is anything like Race Thompson. 

The first guy that came to my mind was Jordan Murphy from Minnesota or maybe Fat Rutger Ron. Not saying he’d be that successful in the B1G, but that’s the skill set comp.

I’ve seen him play on a televised game once, and I don’t think his game is anything like Race Thompson. 
The first guy that came to my mind was Jordan Murphy from Minnesota or maybe Fat Rutger Ron. Not saying he’d be that successful in the B1G, but that’s the skill set comp.

I know that, but their splits are nearly identical and that was the discussion. That’s why I added the “wing skills” comment. I’m not super stoked b/c we need a lot. I’m not sure this guy makes any difference but I’m along for the ride.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

14 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I know that, but their splits are nearly identical and that was the discussion. That’s why I added the “wing skills” comment. I’m not super stoked b/c we need a lot. I’m not sure this guy makes any difference but I’m along for the ride.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

The questions should be can he defend at a high level and can he knock down an spot up 3 at a decent clip because that will be his main contributions at a place like IU. If he can, then the discussion about what he can bring off the dribble or 1v1 at this level become relevant as bonuses that determine his ceiling. 

18 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’m not sure this guy makes any difference but I’m along for the ride.

Aren't we all. This is going to be an insane portal year. It's not even open yet and multiple teams jumping in on this guy. College basketball is looking more NBA like in terms of roster every day.

I guess before we decide what.type of players we need, we should know if Woodson will change up his offense. I wonder after TJD and Race is gone if he tries to run more of a guard oriented offense and not just run everything through the post. We might need more guards who can break defenders down off the dribble and get to the basket 

4 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Not sure where to drop this, but I am seeing that Stansbury is out at WKU.  I hope the next staff can unlock Lander - he played in all 31 games w/ 2 starts and an eFG of 38.0 (not great...)

Hey, I heard they have an Evansville kid on their team.  Maybe he'll transfer to IU?

Jesse Zarzuela, Central Michigan shooting guard.  6'3", averaged 16.3 points, 2.7 points, 2.8 assists.  Shot 40/36/83.

Rashaun Agee, Bowling Green power forward.  6'8", averaged 9.9 points and 5.7 rebounds in 18 mpg.  Shot 53/24/57.

Tedrick Wilcox, St Francis (NY).  6'6" shooting guard.  11.3 points, 3.7 rebounds, 2.1 assists.  Shot 40/36/78.

Nicolas Timberlake, Towson State.  6'4" shooting guard.  17.7 points, 3.9 rebounds, 2.4 assists.  Shot 46/42/85.  Bulk three point shooter, took 221 threes this year and 614 in his career.  First team all Colonial.

For the love of god can we please have kids who like to win but importantly hate to lose (forgot who said exactly this. Borrowing).  If you don't have mentally strong players it doesn't matter what skill set you have. We keep recruiting kids that when it gets tough they all break down. As cheesy as it sounds mental makeup should be priority #1 then whatever skillset #2.

4 hours ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Not sure where to drop this, but I am seeing that Stansbury is out at WKU.  I hope the next staff can unlock Lander - he played in all 31 games w/ 2 starts and an eFG of 38.0 (not great...)

30.7% from the field

22 turnovers vs 21 assists (ouch)

He did go 25-65 from the three (38%) which isn’t shabby.

10 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

When it gets tough “they all break down” but somehow those broken down weaklings  managed to come back in 8 or 9 games this year.

I’m not saying we should be sunshine pumpers but man we eat our own.

Not personally insulting them. And I guess we have different standards. I actually want to do well March. 

14 hours ago, Banksyrules said:

For the love of god can we please have kids who like to win but importantly hate to lose (forgot who said exactly this. Borrowing).  If you don't have mentally strong players it doesn't matter what skill set you have. We keep recruiting kids that when it gets tough they all break down. As cheesy as it sounds mental makeup should be priority #1 then whatever skillset #2.

Nah, but we have posters who break down.