Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

17 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I guess I'm not seeing it.  It's not like they are some Horizon league team anymore.....they are playing in the Big East, a major conference.  Eric Hunter was a 6 point scorer at Purdue.  Bates has missed two seasons now with shoulder injuries and he averaged 7 ppg over two seasons when he was healthy.  Ali Ali was a nice MAC player but outside of scoring doesn't really add anything else.  The kid from Georgia State was just an 8 and 6 kid in a low major conference.  

They brought in those four who IMO are decent but nothing Earth shattering -- particularly for a major conference -- and lost three of their four leading scorers to graduation or the portal.  They'll probably be better than last year but I don't see them as any kind of Big East threat.

Agree, that's why I said they could be a potential dark horse NCAA tourney team, e.g. bubble'y 10-12 seed type squad, not compete for the Big East championship - HUGE DIFFERENCE.  Furthermore, I think Coach Matta is a tremendous coach, and will be out to prove a lot of folks across the industry wrong - again nothing to back this up with. I just have a great deal of respect for the work that he accomplished throughout his tenure at Butler (Rd 1) and OSU.

1 hour ago, LIHoosier said:

Didn't Mike Davis' kid announce he's staying? Damezi's getting no shots there either.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Can he shoot yet?

7 minutes ago, maharkn said:

Hasn't taken a shot in a college basketball game since December 2020. Was 2-2 in his time with loyola Chicago

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Wow

The portal is not everyone's friend.

Available / Entered

• 370 / 698 Freshman
  • 217 / 435 Sophomores
  • 239 / 493 Juniors

Total: 826 (are stuck) / 1,626 (went in)

53% Freshman are in limbo

49% Sophomores in limbo

48% Juniors in limbo

50% Overall have not landed!