Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

44 minutes ago, Demo said:

Dawson Garcia back in the portal. Apparently family health issues. As much as he wanted no part of the B1G, maybe Minnesota it is. 

Multiple serious family issues per this --

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/UNC-basketball-Dawson-Garcia-enters-NCAA-transfer-portal-186138706/?fbclid=IwAR2TgsABDhrmskUbPhIuVoZN8IU4k2CyPlQ-NRvFZU5tX0d6PZDwvufzasc

19 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Wowza. Wonder if they're  getting Pack?

Meechie....for lack of a better word.....isn't very good.  He was kind of bookmark bench player for them....basically go in, don't screw things up too bad, just try to hold the page they were on.  Even if they aren't bringing in a big name, I think he was going to start seeing his minutes go down.

18 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jake Weingarten --  Wichita State transfer Dexter Dennis is working on an official visit to Indiana for next week, source told @Stockrisers. Arkansas is the newest school in the mix, Virginia, Texas A&M, others reached out last week.

Dexter Dennis is a badass on the court.

Off the court? He is exactly who we want representing our university:

Would be a great get for IU!

36 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jake Weingarten --  Wichita State transfer Dexter Dennis is working on an official visit to Indiana for next week, source told @Stockrisers. Arkansas is the newest school in the mix, Virginia, Texas A&M, others reached out last week.

How does Arkansas have anymore slots to feel. It seems like they got a big recruiting class and already have a lot of transfers committed.

6 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

How about Dawson Garcia? We recruited him out of HS and he just entered the portal, transferring from NC. Long shot, I'm sure, but one can hope/dream.

No. No thank you. We should not volunteer to be his third team in three years. That may not be a problem, but it is a bonafide red flag.

Dexter Dennis is a badass on the court.
Off the court? He is exactly who we want representing our university:

Would be a great get for IU!

Love the character, just not sure he would be classified as a “great” get, yanno? He most likely wouldn’t even crack the starting lineup imo.

I’m pretty confident in my feelings that we need 1) A big if TJD and/or Race ends up leaving and 2) shooters to space the floor for X and JHS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about Dawson Garcia? We recruited him out of HS and he just entered the portal, transferring from NC. Long shot, I'm sure, but one can hope/dream.

No. No thank you. We should not volunteer to be his third team in three years. That may not be a problem, but it is a bonafide red flag.

Nah. We can’t risk the Hysterics getting all creepy on him again.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

Love the character, just not sure he would be classified as a “great” get, yanno? He most likely wouldn’t even crack the starting lineup imo.

I’m pretty confident in my feelings that we need 1) A big if TJD and/or Race ends up leaving and 2) shooters to space the floor for X and JHS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My stance on him is simply that he doesn't really address a need.  He's a good defender, but we have defense.  We need shooters, bad, and he may not hit water if he fell out of a boat; he's shot over 34 percent from 3 once in his career and that was on his fewest attempts, last season was only 30%.

I cannot consider that a "great" get.  Until he actually addresses a need, hard pass and no interest on my part.

I think the attention that some what we could call 'mediocre' transfer players are getting from high majors says quite a bit about how this year's portal group isn't as good as last year's.

Also....is Virginia after every player we are after?

28 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

My stance on him is simply that he doesn't really address a need.  He's a good defender, but we have defense.  We need shooters, bad, and he may not hit water if he fell out of a boat; he's shot over 34 percent from 3 once in his career and that was on his fewest attempts, last season was only 30%.

I cannot consider that a "great" get.  Until he actually addresses a need, hard pass and no interest on my part.

BD376EDE-8FF9-4315-9B47-403FB171D4D7.jpeg

Hopefully the staff really understands our needs. We are recruiting another Trey Galloway. We have a Trey Galloway. We need a 5 that can impact the game (who doesn’t) or a 4 with range. Are we recruiting Dennis as a backup PG? Seems like a tough sell. I don’t get it.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Hopefully the staff really understands our needs. We are recruiting another Trey Galloway. We have a Trey Galloway. We need a 5 that can impact the game (who doesn’t) or a 4 with range. Are we recruiting Dennis as a backup PG? Seems like a tough sell. I don’t get it.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Women’s team, knows what it needs…. Gets it.

Mens team, does other stuff.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Career 36.8% from the field and 34.4% from 3. Shot 35.3% from the field and 29.7% from 3 last season. :|

Beating a dead horse but we need shooters. This guy.. not a shooter. We also really need a scoring wing. This guy isn’t that either. Really hoping Trayce comes back because it’s not looking optimistic otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Sounds like we’re taking him or the Butler kid. One or the other can commit anytime. Sounds like the staff prefers Dennis first.