Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

TheHoosier.com has confirmed that Indiana has reached out to Morehead State 6-foot-10 transfer Johni Broome. Averaged 16.8 points, 10.5 rebounds and 3.9 blocks this season. Obviously there could be potential to replace a lot of production in the front court.

25 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

TheHoosier.com has confirmed that Indiana has reached out to Morehead State 6-foot-10 transfer Johni Broome. Averaged 16.8 points, 10.5 rebounds and 3.9 blocks this season. Obviously there could be potential to replace a lot of production in the front court.

Now, this is one I can easily get behind. 

12 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Indiana has reached out to Morehead State 6-foot-10 transfer Johni Broome.

Broome was the 478th ranked player coming out of high school; ranked 78th among high school centers in the country. Some indication of interest from Kentucky and Auburn.

34 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Well this should indicate trace or race or both are leaving?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I would say it indicates that they don't know for sure that both are coming back. Otherwise, they are just doing their diligence for all potential situations, as they should.

I'm feeling somewhat smug this morning.  

Former Top 40 6’11” big man Franck Kepnang @franckkepnang , who played for @PSACardinals & @Westtownhoops, is now officially in the transfer portal.

Archie offered him in July '19.  6'10" with a 7'4" wingspan; 4-star rating and overall ranked 24th nationally and the #3 ranked center by 247.  I watched a number of his high school games and even to my untrained eye I couldn't see the fascination with him.  He was a HS teammate of Derek Lively and there simply was no comparison between the 2.  Kepnang committed to Oregon and in 2 seasons has started only 5 games and averaged under 15 min./game.  Very much 1 dimensional.

Louisville forward Dre Davis has entered the transfer portal, source told @247SportsPortal.  Older brother of Tae Davis who de-committed in March.

Certainly not an answer to our 3-point shooting woes.

https://gocards.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/dre-davis/12111

Maybe a 2fer possibility with little brother?

Ole Miss transfer Luis Rodriguez tells me he has heard from Georgia, Oregon, Washington St, Nevada, UNLV, Marquette, NC State, Kansas State, Pitt, Indiana, Rutgers, Louisville, West Virginia and Texas.  

Shooting % won't knock your socks off.

https://olemisssports.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/luis-rodriguez/3361

14 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Ole Miss transfer Luis Rodriguez tells me he has heard from Georgia, Oregon, Washington St, Nevada, UNLV, Marquette, NC State, Kansas State, Pitt, Indiana, Rutgers, Louisville, West Virginia and Texas.  

Yeah hard pass.

37 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

What am I missing here? This guy looks extremely average: 5.5ppg 40% FG, 30% 3P, 66% FT, maybe a decent rebounder.....I can see not kicking him off your team if you already have him, maybe your 8th man, but to actively reach out to him as a transfer? I don't understand. IU needs talent and Luis is a dime a dozen D1 player that does nothing particularly well. I hope he just made up that IU is interested. 

6 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

What am I missing here? This guy looks extremely average: 5.5ppg 40% FG, 30% 3P, 66% FT, maybe a decent rebounder.....I can see not kicking him off your team if you already have him, maybe your 8th man, but to actively reach out to him as a transfer? I don't understand. IU needs talent and Luis is a dime a dozen D1 player that does nothing particularly well. I hope he just made up that IU is interested. 

Here's what you are missing in my opinion:

If we are looking at hard-nosed, medium stats guys, that may mean we are considering the possibility that we will need to add an excellent 7th/8th/9th guy in our rotation, and therein that the key players in our rotation may stay in place.

In that sense, it may be a cause for optimism that we are not looking at someone that expects to take volume shots or have the ball in their hands to be effective.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm feeling somewhat smug this morning.  

Former Top 40 6’11” big man Franck Kepnang @franckkepnang , who played for @PSACardinals & @Westtownhoops, is now officially in the transfer portal.

Archie offered him in July '19.  6'10" with a 7'4" wingspan; 4-star rating and overall ranked 24th nationally and the #3 ranked center by 247.  I watched a number of his high school games and even to my untrained eye I couldn't see the fascination with him.  He was a HS teammate of Derek Lively and there simply was no comparison between the 2.  Kepnang committed to Oregon and in 2 seasons has started only 5 games and averaged under 15 min./game.  Very much 1 dimensional.

Seeing how many of the players that Miller recruited (both landed and missed on) have been busts at the D1 level regardless of their rankings shows to me that player evaluation was possibly his biggest issue at the B1G level.