Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Williams from Murray State. Very good big. Now in the portal.
Doesn’t seem like we’re reaching out to many bigs (at least not overtly).
Could mean either we won’t need many or that Sparks is progressing.

I’ve watched him play twice. Nice player

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Maryland starting center Qudus Wahab in the portal.  6'11".  Averaged 7.7 points and 5.6 rebounds in 19 minutes per game.  Will be his third school -- played two years at Georgetown prior.  Previous year averaged 12.7 points and 8.2 rebounds at Georgetown.

Oregon part time starting swingman Eric Williams Jr.  Played two years at Duquesne, averaging 14 points and 8 rebounds.  Started 32 games at Oregon over two years, averaging roughly 9 points and 5 rebounds in 28 minutes.  Career 36% three point shooter (194 of 538).

IMO there's simply no room at the inn despite his 3-point shooting.  Really need to hear something from TJD, Race & JG to know just how many slots we have available.  

Dustin Dopirak on Nigel Pack -

On one hand, Indiana already has two point guards for 2022 that it will have to find minutes for. It loses one, but gains another in 2023 and Pack would shake up that succession plan. On the other, Pack hit 95 3s last year. IU's 3 top returning shooters (X, Kopp & Bates) hit 92 combined.

Just now, btownqb said:

Its not going to be Purdue ... is it? Ugh

I fear PUke will be a player in this one, unfortunately.  If Hunter doesn't come back then the only PG they will have going into next year would be a true freshman Braden Smith.

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

IMO there's simply no room at the inn despite his 3-point shooting.  Really need to hear something from TJD, Race & JG to know just how many slots we have available.  

Dustin Dopirak on Nigel Pack -

On one hand, Indiana already has two point guards for 2022 that it will have to find minutes for. It loses one, but gains another in 2023 and Pack would shake up that succession plan. On the other, Pack hit 95 3s last year. IU's 3 top returning shooters (X, Kopp & Bates) hit 92 combined.

If woody wants him he will find room.   Pack to me is an undersized 2 which paired with JHS would be ideal.   If woody wants him he needs to make sure to remind him that other staffs passed on him the first time around and he wasn’t here to offer.     This will be a battle to land Pack.   Not just against Purdue but everyone.   He is a first team All Big 12 player as a sophomore.   Very long line 

1 minute ago, craigyv88 said:

I fear PUke will be a player in this one, unfortunately.  If Hunter doesn't come back then the only PG they will have going into next year would be a true freshman Braden Smith.

I don't view Pack as a PG, pesonally. That is why I feel he would be perfect to start with XJ.