Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

4 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

I was thinking maybe since the kid is a senior at his school, he’s using his transfer as the free covid year thing which means it wouldn’t count against our scholarship numbers anyways....kinda like keeping Brunk and how he wouldn’t have counted against our numbers. Could be wrong though, not 100% sure on that. 

For the scholarship not to count you have to stay at your current school.  I am pretty sure since Brunk left he counts towards OSU 13 scholarships.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

For the scholarship not to count you have to stay at your current school.  I am pretty sure since Brunk left he counts towards OSU 13 scholarships.

Gotcha, yeah that makes sense. I guess he would have indeed been a different scenario for us since it would have been staying at same school. 

52 minutes ago, ramadden13 said:

Would feel a bit icky if someone was “persuaded” to leave but I’m drooling over the skills and potential here.

There aren't the same recruiting rules with NAIA. NAIA players also don't have to enter the portal. It's a different set of rules and NAIA schools take advantage of this loophole all the time in every sport. It's nothing to feel icky about.

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

There aren't the same recruiting rules with NAIA. NAIA players also don't have to enter the portal. It's a different set of rules and NAIA schools take advantage of this loophole all the time in every sport. It's nothing to feel icky about.

I think he means if someone was persuaded to leave IU so this kid could come in

Just now, IUc2016 said:

I think he means if someone was persuaded to leave IU so this kid could come in

That would make more sense. I don't want to see anyone forced out but I would love to see a kid like this on the team. I still don't think anyone else will be added but it is interesting to talk about. 

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

That would make more sense. I don't want to see anyone forced out but I would love to see a kid like this on the team. I still don't think anyone else will be added but it is interesting to talk about. 

Yeah I will let it all play out before I judge. I can still see someone else leaving here soon when they realize there just won't be enough minutes for them. That's not really forcing someone out, it is just one of those "it worked itself out" type of scenarios. 

Not finding much about why Onu wasn't getting offers out of high school, but did find this article.

https://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/sports/45336/ej-the-eraser

-- didn't start playing basketball until he was 14.

-- sounds like a late bloomer even by those standards

-- ran track in high school, putting up a 57.49 in the 400.....pretty darn good for a kid that was almost 7 foot.

24 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Yeah that’s what I meant. I was trying to be circumspect but I guess I went too far lol.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I thought if anyone leaves it would be Hunter

He was my guess as well. I'm not sure he can defend or do anything except get hot from 3 occasionally. That said we'll see what happens. It might just be another rumor

7 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Not finding much about why Onu wasn't getting offers out of high school, but did find this article.

-- ran track in high school, putting up a 57.49 in the 400.....pretty darn good for a kid that was almost 7 foot.

That is super impressive. 

38 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Obviously, it’s great if he brings a developed offensive game. But given the roster, I would love to have him if he brings a defensive presence at the rim. If he’s what Tariq Owens was at TTU, he’s an easy yes.

32 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He's at the convenience mart by the stadium at least once a day if anyone wants to ask him. I've spoken to him there at least 4 times. Good kid, usually buying an energy drink or something like that. Everyone lives in Evolve next door. I'm heading to the golf course, and if Brunk slows me down today, then we're having problems since he's not a Hoosier any longer.

I loved those warm bread subs the Convenience mart used to make.  Baked bread daily, fresh deli meat, a soda and that little bit of chocolate candy thrown in all for $3.29 I think.  When I was working at the HT and finishing school I would swing in there for lunch before class a couple times a week at least.  And if i could not afford the sub you could get a bag of great popcorn for 50 cents.  

Do they still make their own bread and subs on site?