Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

9 minutes ago, lillurk said:

I know Chris had hinted the Brooks camp had been sending out feelers (I believe it) but I’d still be a bit surprised if he ended up at IU. Osterman shared on Mind your Banners recently that KB soured on IU watching fans react to the 2018-19 losing streak. Obviously the mood is more positive now...and don’t shoot the messenger, I know just like you that UK fans are surely worse after a year like this.

Don’t be surprised if he’s not a Hoosier by the end of the weekend. I just hope the name I’m hearing isn’t the one to leave to make room for Brooks. He’s a personal favorite of mine.

Just now, Chris007 said:

Don’t be surprised if he’s not a Hoosier by the end of the weekend. I just hope the name I’m hearing isn’t the one to leave to make room for Brooks. He’s a personal favorite of mine.

*searches through your posts to see who your favorite player is* lol

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Was this person thinking about leaving on his own, or is he being gently nudged out the door. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

*searches through your posts to see who your favorite player is* lol

But if what I’m told there might be more than one leave after it’s all said and done. Especially after Xavier and Bates come to town.

But if what I’m told there might be more than one leave after it’s all said and done. Especially after Xavier and Bates come to town.

Are these potential losses guys who did not enter the portal ?

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

Was this person thinking about leaving on his own, or is he being gently nudged out the door. 

Not totally sure but was told that Woody doesn’t want to play 4 on 5 on the offensive end. Which I countered with Race can’t shoot either.

Really only a couple potential departures possible if we assume those who already went portal and came back aren’t going. I could imagine some players who got passed by Bates immediately would also be candidates.

1 minute ago, ray said:

Hi, Chris. Quick question, and one I’ve been wondering about for some time. If you had to choose a personal favorite IU basketball player, then would Trey Galloway come to mind?

Haha. He’s my personal favorite even though at almost 45 years old I can shoot better than him, but I think his shot is fixable but I’m not sure others who are more important than me agree on that.

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

The one I was told to make room for Brooks was never in the portal.

Bingo-hence no announcement on social media of “I’m coming back.” Which is the point I made earlier. 

Edited by Hoosier987

Haha. He’s my personal favorite even though at almost 45 years old I can shoot better than him, but I think his shot is fixable but I’m not sure others who are more important than me agree on that.

That’s too bad if it is in fact Galloway being nudged out the door to make room. He chose IU before anyone else in his class, then wanted to stay regardless of the coaching change. Plus, I think he’s a workhorse and a true teammate who will do whatever it takes to help the team win (even a lot of dirty work). And, he’s a coach’s son with a good basketball IQ.

I really like Trey too. I was hoping he would figure his shot out at some point and become a leader as an upperclassmen and someone who has an input allover the boxscore. 

Brooks has incredible upside and is a potential player who can have a long career in the NBA. To think otherwise is naive. For those that are saying he isn’t that good...what makes you think he can’t improve? Do you not trust CMW to improve his game and possibly help Brooks reach his full potential like so many other NBA players he’s done? I know, I do. Brooks is another weapon with huge upside. I’m taking him.