Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

3 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Going to have to agree to disagree if you think the Ohio State basketball job brings more pressure than the Indiana job.  Ohio State would never fire a coach who was one year removed from a Big Ten title or two titles in five years.

They fired a coach that won the conference championship 40% of the time and was national runner up twice. That is leagues better than anything Crean or any coach at IU has done since the early 90s

I guess we will have to agree to disagree that their standards are leagues higher than IU’s and continues to be under Holtmann. If Archie had his success he would still be here, signing an extension and all of us would be thrilled and the last thing we would be nit picking is picking up Joey Brunk 

2 hours ago, bodsbums said:

Hoosier living in Ohio for 21 years. No one here gives a crap about OSU basketball unless they are top 5. 

That’s the sad part. Nobody cares about O$U basketball yet they have been WAY better than us for almost 30 years and if they start to slide, the few fans they have are up in arms and the admin cuts ties 

18 minutes ago, JJacks said:

I'll give you 10-15 years but O$U hasn't been better than IU since 1991. 

Did you look that up before making that comment? They have won the bigten championship in 9/30 seasons. Decent yeah?

they have more wins, more bigten wins, more BIGTEN championships, more bigten tourney wins and championships, more tournament wins... they have been better in all facets in the last 30 years!

1 hour ago, MikeRoberts said:

That’s the sad part. Nobody cares about O$U basketball yet they have been WAY better than us for almost 30 years and if they start to slide, the few fans they have are up in arms and the admin cuts ties 

You seem to be all over the map....your first statement was how much of a pressure cooker Ohio State was and now 'nobody cares about OSU basketball'.  I'm losing track.

3 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

You seem to be all over the map....your first statement was how much of a pressure cooker Ohio State was and now 'nobody cares about OSU basketball'.  I'm losing track.

Follow along, it’s not that complicated.

Holtmann didn’t want the IU job because it was a pressure cooker. Meanwhile he has crushed IU and still getting heat from the fans on every move he makes or doesn’t make, including picking up Joey Brunk whom just about every IU fan was ecstatic to get and sad to lose.

O$U has performed better than IU for 30 years and their standards have evolved to be higher than IUs. IU just wants to make the tourney, meanwhile they win the bigten championship every 3 years. We’re not on that level, not even close

Not really a transfer...but Tamar Bates asked for and apparently got out of his LOI with Texas.  Very recently was offered by Indiana.  Shooting guard, 6'4", Top 60.   Was wondering, shouldn't he be listed on recruiting threads?  How involved are Woodson and Rosemond?  Really a talent. Originally from Kansas, I believe.  If I remember correctly played in FL IMG.   May not be remembering that correctly.

58 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Not really a transfer...but Tamar Bates asked for and apparently got out of his LOI with Texas.  Very recently was offered by Indiana.  Shooting guard, 6'4", Top 60.   Was wondering, shouldn't he be listed on recruiting threads?  How involved are Woodson and Rosemond?  Really a talent. Originally from Kansas, I believe.  If I remember correctly played in FL IMG.   May not be remembering that correctly.

He's been discussed a lot. It sounds like he's IU's top target at the moment and they are in the mix. Should be some news about what schools he's focusing on this week. 

I understand that he has been discussed. But still wondering why he doesn't have his own thread in the recruiting section of this site.  

I am relatively new to this site.  So, it may be that I don't know when or why a name goes into the recruiting section.  But since he has been offered and discussed, well...

4 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

I understand that he has been discussed. But still wondering why he doesn't have his own thread in the recruiting section of this site.  

I am relatively new to this site.  So, it may be that I don't know when or why a name goes into the recruiting section.  But since he has been offered and discussed, well...

Nobody had gotten around to making one. So I just did. 

1 hour ago, Dave from Dayton said:

I know IU has been in contact, but I've not seen anything to indicate he's received an actual offer.  

22 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Typically, we don't start a specific recruit thread until a formal offer has been extended.  Certainly nothing that's carved in stone just been the SOP in the past.

Do colleges generally list offers that have been extended.  I could see why they would not put that list out in public.  

I typically see when a recruit releases that information.

But, sometimes an offer becomes known.  Seems to be through some media or posting.

Thought there might be a list on the IU AD website.