Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

5 hours ago, monskisprodigy said:

Uhh, watching those highlights (Yes, I understand they are just highlights), really surprised he never got any attention and stayed NAIA for 4 years. Averaged 25.5 pts. over his career, athletic, can handle the ball...and SHOOT!

He would be a 1 and done per the free COVID year, correct?

From watching the highlights, my take FWIW......

he definitely leaps better than I thought and is savvy enough to create his own shot.  Still think he looks to be on the slower end for a D1 guard.  Obviously can shoot the ball, that's never been in question.  Do think the perimeter shooting would translate to the D1 level, -- shot is smooth, no delay, and seems able to create enough space on his own to get the shot -- not sure his ability to get to the hoop would translate.

Think Nick Zeisloft is a fair comp. although Zeisloft might have been a little better pure shooter while Mangas has better body control.

From watching the highlights, my take FWIW......
he definitely leaps better than I thought and is savvy enough to create his own shot.  Still think he looks to be on the slower end for a D1 guard.  Obviously can shoot the ball, that's never been in question.  Do think the perimeter shooting would translate to the D1 level, -- shot is smooth, no delay, and seems able to create enough space on his own to get the shot -- not sure his ability to get to the hoop would translate.
Think Nick Zeisloft is a fair comp. although Zeisloft might have been a little better pure shooter while Mangas has better body control.
Maybe similar to the "Hick from French Lick"?

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, jbeaman9 said:

Supposedly IU has reached out to this kid according to some on HSN.

I am from Warsaw (just like Mangas). My father and brother have been telling me for 4 years - IU could REALLY use a guy like Kyle Mangas. I am pretty sure his brother is at IU and as was stated previously in the thread he is an IU fan. There is absolutely no downside to getting this kid because he would be a great locker room guy even if he played 0 minutes.

Edited by Go_Hoosiers

1 minute ago, Go_Hoosiers said:

I am from Warsaw (just like Mangas). My father and brother have been telling me for 4 years - IU could REALLY use a guy like Kyle Mangas. I am pretty sure his brother is at IU and as was stated previously in the thread he is an IU fan. There is absolutely no downside to getting this kid because he would be a great locker room guy even if he played 0 minutes.

Not saying that you’re saying he will, but I absolutely cannot see Mangas getting 0 minutes or coming here without at least a larger role to start. He’s got interest from professional teams, so if he comes back to college I imagine it is to showcase his skills against better talent.

1 minute ago, ramadden13 said:

Not saying that you’re saying he will, but I absolutely cannot see Mangas getting 0 minutes or coming here without at least a larger role to start. He’s got interest from professional teams, so if he comes back to college I imagine it is to showcase his skills against better talent.

I have no idea. I've hardly seen him play. Just pointing out he is a great kid and that my father and brother thought he could have played a role IU really needed over the last 4 years.

Theo John (Marquette) to the portal.  Straight forward 6'9" 255 pound power forward.  Averaged 8 points and 5 rebounds in 26 minutes/game.  Played 4 years at Marquette.

He’s a Race Thompson. Maybe a little tougher. I like him but we don’t need him. Dawson Garcia is a different story.

If I had to pick between John and Race, I’d probably lean Theo John, but they play similarly.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

32 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

He’s a Race Thompson. Maybe a little tougher. I like him but we don’t need him. Dawson Garcia is a different story.

If I had to pick between John and Race, I’d probably lean Theo John, but they play similarly.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

John is a lot tougher.  He is a freight train that has 0 interest in shooting outside shots.  He has the better post game then Race.   He is from Minny so I’m guessing Race and him know each other really well. One of the reason Garcia picked Marquette was his friendship with John.  One of the most ripped college kids I watched last year 

33 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

John is a lot tougher.  He is a freight train that has 0 interest in shooting outside shots.  He has the better post game then Race.   He is from Minny so I’m guessing Race and him know each other really well. One of the reason Garcia picked Marquette was his friendship with John.  One of the most ripped college kids I watched last year 

"One of the most ripped college kids I watched last year "

prolly why he has zero interest to shoot from outside.

he can't according to some...  :103:

45 minutes ago, hoosierbannerd said:

"One of the most ripped college kids I watched last year "

prolly why he has zero interest to shoot from outside.

he can't according to some...  :103:

This is what USPS was referring to in terms of John being ripped.  He's strong enough to defend the 5 desite being 6'9".Theo John, Marquette, Power Forward

9 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

This is what USPS was referring to in terms of John being ripped.  He's strong enough to defend the 5 desite being 6'9".Theo John, Marquette, Power Forward

Then imagine him with a year of Cliff.....

6 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Oumar Ballo from Gonzaga is in the transfer portal 

He's a big kid...didn't get much run as a freshman, but another intriguing big.

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The transfer list now stands at 1,369 names, 288 of them coming out of the six basketball power conferences.  Was at 730 names on this day last year.

Over 700 now in the women's portal.

That's incredible. Definitely "recruiting" the transfer portal is going to be more and more of a focus going forward...

Oh My God Wow GIF by MOODMAN - Find & Share on GIPHY