Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

4 minutes ago, Trish said:

Brain fart moment at 8AM Friday. 

I meant Franklin is our best guard on the team and Kristian is our best PG on the team. Rob Phinisee should be but his inconsistent contributions from each game is beyond frustrating. Kristian can't shoot, yet. But he has very good court vision, he's very good at the pocket-pass in the PnR. He needs to add weight so he can defend some of these guards. 

I don't have a metric. I'm using the future test as my hard evidence. No one here or on the staff knows what Rob Phinisee will bring next year, he's a walking mystery. It has to be mental at this point. 

How would we or any of the staff know what kind of a leap Lander would make next year by that same rationale? I'm confident that he can improve, but I'm convinced a lot of people, including yourself, have latched on to that recruiting ranking and Phin's disappointments and have anointed Lander as the answer.

Maybe this was one of your trolling moments, but you were demanding an apology from anyone critical of Lander after a pretty pocket pass in a game he went 0 points 1 rebound and 3 assists.

I'm really hoping we're not in a position where we feel one of Lander or Phinisee has to start next season. Let them compete for minutes from the bench. This team has been hamstrung for 4 years now by a hopeless backcourt that may or may not show up each game. You either have to retain Franklin and find a starter in the portal or find 2 starters from the portal that are clear upgrades.

15 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

How would we or any of the staff know what kind of a leap Lander would make next year by that same rationale? I'm confident that he can improve, but I'm convinced a lot of people, including yourself, have latched on to that recruiting ranking and Phin's disappointments and have anointed Lander as the answer.

Maybe this was one of your trolling moments, but you were demanding an apology from anyone critical of Lander after a pretty pocket pass in a game he went 0 points 1 rebound and 3 assists.

Lander needs to be the answer because he's the future PG of the program. We know what Rob is going to bring each game, elite defense and unpredictable offense. The ball tends to stop in his hands for whatever reason and his tendency to stare down passes is scary. 

We need to develop Kristian as much as possible. He has a long ways to go but let's face it, we're not competing for a National Championship or a B1G Championship next year. Let Kristian develop by increasing his minutes and letting him start. Rob has peaked. Franklin can't handle the PG spot, he has tunnel vision and his ball handling skills are not very good in B1G comparison. 

This is assuming we don't land any transfers that could start PG. 

24 minutes ago, Hoosierfan22 said:

Indiana has contacted WCU Mason Faulkner. 

Message being sent to Franklin or more an indication that Franklin is leaning towards leaving?  Interesting.

Just now, Hoosierfan222 said:

Don’t know much about him but he can shoot the basketball 

5’10 guard that shot 34.9% from 3 and 84.6% from the FT line. He averaged 9.2 ppg.