Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Just now, Honkyman said:

It looks like IU will be relying on some walk-ons next year.

It needs to be noted that everyone is allowed a free transfer without sitting out a year. With the right coach IU could lose 5 players and still be able to field a team talented enough to make the tournament with incoming transfers of their own. 

Rabjohns said it will be a big surprise if he returns so that’s one guy for sure gone out of the transfer portal. Also said AF is hearing from a lot of schools and it might be tough to keep him. Yay

1 minute ago, VO5 said:

Rabjohns said it will be a big surprised if he returns so that’s one guy for sure gone out of the transfer portal. Also said AF is hearing from a lot of schools and it might be tough to keep him. Yay

I feel like it was given AF would hear from everyone. But he is still an Indiana kid so the right coach will have a pretty good opportunity in keeping him no matter who he hears from. 

1 hour ago, maharkn said:

Need to get a coach soon. The longer this goes on the less likely we get our players back or any of the good players in the portal

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

I've yet to see our name mentioned as having reached out to anyone entering the portal since Archie was dismissed and absolutely agree that the longer this plays out is detrimental to filling out our roster this fall.  I know we retained Roberts and Hunter for the time being but surely they're seeking new landing spots.  Maybe one of them is retained but I'd be skeptical that both are retained.  

Need to get a coach soon. The longer this goes on the less likely we get our players back or any of the good players in the portal

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

It’s hard to say this, but I’m digging my feet in here. A coach for the next 10-20 years that can bring us back (potentially) is more important than any 2-4 year player or players to me. Yes I want to compete right now, but these guys shouldn’t rush our coaching choice.
Again, not saying either of us or right or wrong, just each other’s opinions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, VO5 said:

Rabjohns said it will be a big surprise if he returns so that’s one guy for sure gone out of the transfer portal. Also said AF is hearing from a lot of schools and it might be tough to keep him. Yay

Their coach got fired. A big reason they came is because of the coach. These boys are long gone! 

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

It's open season in college basketball.

Travis Branham @TravisBranham_

Added another 44 names to the transfer list since yesterday morning, bringing the total to 837 names.

On March 25, 2020 the list stood at 455 names.

For perspective, 357 teams x 13 scholarships/team = 4,641 total D1 Scholarships. Not sure if the portal includes walk-ons.

5 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

For perspective, 357 teams x 13 scholarships/team = 4,641 total D1 Scholarships. Not sure if the portal includes walk-ons.

WOW!

837 out of 4,641 means that currently 18% of all Division 1 players are in the transfer portal.

And we're not done adding players to the total.

Their coach got fired. A big reason they came is because of the coach. These boys are long gone! 
Leal and Galloway have both been on record they are staying because of IU. Don't think they came because of the coach and I kind of get the feeling AF is the same way. He may very well leave but I think he's going to give it until the new coach talks to him at least.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Leal and Galloway have both been on record they are staying because of IU. Don't think they came because of the coach and I kind of get the feeling AF is the same way. He may very well leave but I think he's going to give it until the new coach talks to him at least.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I honestly don’t think Leal or Trey would gain much interest elsewhere if we’re being completely honest. 

3 minutes ago, Unexpectedflash said:

Really smart guy. Graduate transfer after getting his degree in computer and mechanical engineering based off his goodbye message. Impressive doing that in three years on top of basketball.

Very impressive young man.  Watch this and you will like him even more 

30 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Myles Johnson is in the portal 

Other than Garza, not sure any player in the conference maxed out their tools any more than Johnson. You put that kid’s work ethic and competitiveness in Micah Potter’s body and you’ve got a 15 year pro.