Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

56 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

We also don’t know if he took anything to go to Kentucky. He’s been a bust but he was very regarded out of HS. If I’m gonna be cool with an instate kid who spurned IU for Kentucky, transfering here it needs to be a All BigTen First Team lock. Brooks doesn’t deserve a scholarship at IU and there are better options in the portal than him. 

Maybe some players just can't play for Cal and have seen some flourish after they transfer.  we are watching one right now playing for UCLA in Jurang.

1 minute ago, Dalton26 said:

Not true at all. He’s terrible from the outside, and actually got worse from year one 26% to year two 21% from 3. 

This is the most bizarre sports debate I’ve ever been apart of. 

Yeah, I don’t know why he was even brought up but that missed the mark by a mile. 

I thought the sarcasm was obvious. Just saying if we’re turning down talents like hypothetical Keion Brooks returning then people will have something to say about pretty much anyone coming through the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, IU Scott said:

Maybe some players just can't play for Cal and have seen some flourish after they transfer.  we are watching one right now playing for UCLA in Jurang.

Maybe. Until he proves otherwise...not a great talent. I don’t know why I have to assume he is. He played on stacked AAU and HS Teams...it’s not hard to surmise that he simply isn’t as good as people thought he was. If he develops into a great player than good for him. Until then stop telling me 2+2=10 and the grass is blue

Yeah man, but if you look at Juzangs stats UCLA shouldn’t have even taken him on as a transfer, only 3pts a game on a bad Kentucky team. What a bust /s

1 minute ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Lander was not gun shy. He’d come in, jack up as many bricks as he could muster before getting pulled. Rinse and Repeat. Archie gets some of the blame but not shooting 25% blame

Whatever your opinion is it’s just wrong.Lander is a huge talent and has a high ceiling. Fact ... he shot poorly this year But watching him play he has talent and a lot of it. There were times when the Big ten was more than a high school kid could handle. Watch UCLA... if you judge juzang of of what he did at KY you wouldn’t want him on your team either.(probably mvp of tournament)

3 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

This is the most bizarre sports debate I’ve ever been apart of. 

Agreed. If he wasn’t friends with TJD, from Indiana and a guy we were after no one would want him. Fact of the matter is he’s not nearly as good as what was expected, and hasn’t shown much to make me think he’ll take some kind of leap into his 3rd yr. 

I still just have a bad taste in my mouth from the Brooks recruitment. I didn’t like the way the IU fan base was characterized during it. And he’s not a good enough player two years later for me to forget about that. He had a chance to come to IU and he chose not to take it. 

2 minutes ago, JimmerNoe said:

Yeah man, but if you look at Juzangs stats UCLA shouldn’t have even taken him on as a transfer, only 3pts a game on a bad Kentucky team. What a bust /s

Juzang played behind 3 current NBA guards on that team and it was a top 10 team in the nation. His situation as a freshman and Brooks’ as a sophomore are simply not comparible and I really can’t belive I have to explain this to you. 

Just now, Dalton26 said:

Agreed. If he wasn’t friends with TJD, from Indiana and a guy we were after no one would want him. Fact of the matter is he’s not nearly as good as what was expected, and hasn’t shown much to make me think he’ll take some kind of leap into his 3rd yr. 

"From Indiana" is the key thing though. Any player that has that billing is viewed in some sort of exalted light. People were so confident Archie would succeed as he prioritized Indiana in a way that Crean didn't, so he had to succeed because of it. It's a tiring read

3 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

He did go from being a 4.5/3.2/0.2 guy as a freshman to a 10.3/6.8/1.6 guy as a sophomore, which I would say is a pretty good jump.  Or you want to compare apples to apples, His per 40 minute numbers as a freshman were 11.9 points, 8.5 rebounds, 0.5 assists and as a sophomore was 17.5 points, 11.5 rebounds, and 2.7 assists.  I'd certainly call that a leap.

I am not really sure that we are in the best position to turn away talented players that want to come here. I say, if Brooks wants to come, sign him up. If our other guys don't come out of the portal and go elsewhere, he might end up being a great pickup...

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

52 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Brooks has a greatly improved outside shot.

He is very very active especially on the offensive boards.

He can guard multiple positions.

He is good locker room kid.

He would be absolutely great at IU

Except he's not at IU and, unless I'm missing something, he's not in the portal. I just can't see a scenario where he ends up here after the way his recruitment went. Maybe CMW is a difference maker and by some unforeseen circumstance he ends up here. If so, great. Just don't see it.

Brady Manek (Oklahoma) enters the transfer portal -- enters as Porter Moser deal was finalizing.  Will be interesting to see if he stays.

4 year player at Oklahoma, started 111 games there.  6'9" stretch 4, averaged in double figures for four straight years (10.2/12.2/14.4/10.8).  Averaged about 5 1/2 boards for his career.  Volume three point shooter -- hitting 225 of 628 threes (36%) in 122 games.

16 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

He did go from being a 4.5/3.2/0.2 guy as a freshman to a 10.3/6.8/1.6 guy as a sophomore, which I would say is a pretty good jump.  Or you want to compare apples to apples, His per 40 minute numbers as a freshman were 11.9 points, 8.5 rebounds, 0.5 assists and as a sophomore was 17.5 points, 11.5 rebounds, and 2.7 assists.  I'd certainly call that a leap.

And his FG%, 3%, both still dropped along with his turnovers and fpg both increasing. His Ppg going up like in the stats you produce have more to do with his usage rate than anything else his usage rate went up over 8% from year 1 to 2 and his shooting percentages dropped along with his turnovers increasing show he’s being less efficient the more he’s got the ball  

You can call whatever you want a leap. I see a highly ranked guy that didn’t perform up to expectations and is a bad outside shooter. He’s not a terrible player, and I’m not saying that. But if he wasn’t from Indiana you all wouldn’t want him so much to the point you’re(not you specifically) ragging on current IU players to try to defend him. 

2 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

And his FG%, 3%, both still dropped along with his turnovers and fpg both increasing. His Ppg going up like in the stats you produce have more to do with his usage rate than anything else his usage rate went up over 8% from year 1 to 2 and his shooting percentages dropped so he’s being less efficient the more he’s got the ball  

You can call whatever you want a leap. I see a highly ranked guy that didn’t perform up to expectations and is a bad outside shooter. He’s not a terrible player, and I’m not saying that. But if he wasn’t from Indiana you all wouldn’t want him so much to the point you’re(not you specifically) ragging on current IU players to try to defend him. 

Correct, I'm not ragging on current IU players or him, but a guy with the rebound rate he had and some ability to score is a guy I like.  I do see in him a guy that was a pretty good defender and had a really nice rebound rate (it actually was higher than TJD's last year) and does present some offensive skill is a guy I like, regardless of whether he was an Indiana kid or not.  It's moot at this time because he's not in the portal anyway.