Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Major drawback to our coaching search being in limbo, we're not in a position to reach out to anyone entering the portal to gauge their interest in IU.  

That is what the assistants that stayed is probably doing

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

That is what the assistants that stayed is probably doing

But if you're a potential recruit, you don't know if they'll be around in a month.  Just seems the overall uncertainty wouldn't garner us a lot of interest at this point in time.

On 3/16/2021 at 10:12 AM, maharkn said:

There was a list on twitter that Kansas, Duke, Michigan state, Nebraska, and others have reached out to him

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Either those coaches are high on crack, or we really underappreciated him.

11 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Either those coaches are high on crack, or we really underappreciated him.

To be fair, Michigan State didn't look much better than us this year, Nebraska was last in the league, Duke's backcourt was pretty bad (bad enough for a guy who averaged under 6 ppg and shot 38% was getting 27 minutes/per game).  Don't know much about what Kansas will have coming back in the backcourt, but the three recruits they have coming in are either big men or combo forwards.

35 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

To be fair, Michigan State didn't look much better than us this year, Nebraska was last in the league, Duke's backcourt was pretty bad (bad enough for a guy who averaged under 6 ppg and shot 38% was getting 27 minutes/per game).  Don't know much about what Kansas will have coming back in the backcourt, but the three recruits they have coming in are either big men or combo forwards.

I know. I was being facetious based on the grief that Al got on the board. I have no problem with the kid and hope he does well wherever he ends up. I should probably check myself before I go into sarcasm land. Doesn't often translate well in written form.

3 minutes ago, normandale97 said:

Oh well. Whoever the new coach is will have to bring in transfer anyway to rebuild this mess of a roster. Franklin loss can easily be made up for. Good luck to him  

Hard disagree on that one. If healthy, Franklin would likely be a 15+ ppg scorer and one of the better perimeter defenders on the team next year. He's one of the only back-court players in the past 4 years that has improved his game which speaks to his work ethic and temperament. That doesn't grow on trees.

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Honestly, I'm surprised it took this long for a player to make this move and I don't blame him.  I surely don't want to see him go, but with the uncertainty currently surrounding the program how can you begrudge him wanting to explore his options?  And while most do end up transferring, it's not 100% guaranteed that Armaan will depending upon how quickly  we name a replacement and how he views the new coach.   He'll be a hot commodity and if our search drags, then I believe he will leave.

I'm fully expecting him to leave. He's a good player, only a junior. Big time programs will call!