Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Caleb Houstan staying in the draft too.
Okay Hoosiers…this here conference is ours for the taking.

I really thought one would come back. Jett Howard is really good and Dickinson is a beast. They will still be good, but this hurts them in preseason rankings especially and overall quite a bit.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I really thought one would come back. Jett Howard is really good and Dickinson is a beast. They will still be good, but this hurts them in preseason rankings especially and overall quite a bit.

The difference is that Jett Howard, the #38 ranked player, needs to be good, and our five stars are bonuses to our proven players.

Tis awfully nice.

The difference is that Jett Howard, the #38 ranked player, needs to be good, and our five stars are bonuses to our proven players.
Tis awfully nice.

Agreed. Things looking wonderfully Cream N Crimson.

I think Jett Howard was playing like a top 10 kid at the end of the season. Curious if he has a Caleb Houstan-Like season. I hope so.

B1G will be better than we all expect but we are going to be the favorites.

Wisconsin, Rutgers, Purdue will all be better than we anticipate. OSU and Illinois look good. MSU looks down but can’t ever count them out. Iowa has some pieces.

12 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Agreed. Things looking wonderfully Cream N Crimson.

I think Jett Howard was playing like a top 10 kid at the end of the season. Curious if he has a Caleb Houstan-Like season. I hope so.

B1G will be better than we all expect but we are going to be the favorites.

Wisconsin, Rutgers, Purdue will all be better than we anticipate. OSU and Illinois look good. MSU looks down but can’t ever count them out. Iowa has some pieces.

I think Ohio State, Illinois, Rutgers, and MSU will be pretty good.

Purdue? It is with great joy that I say that their remaining guard options are basically nil, and that a guard rotation of Morton, Newman, an injured 5’11” freshman with no other P5 offers, and a good catch and shoot freshman ranked 90th is a disaster. 

They are an Edey sprained ankle away from Nebraska territory IMO.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

I think Ohio State, Illinois, Rutgers, and MSU will be pretty good.

Purdue? It is with great joy that I say that their remaining guard options are basically nil, and that a guard rotation of Morton, Newman, an injured 5’11” freshman with no other P5 offers, and a good catch and shoot freshman ranked 90th is a disaster. 

They are an Edey sprained ankle away from Nebraska territory IMO.

Hope ur right, but Kaufman, Furst, Edey, Gillis will be tough.  Guard play clearly will hold them back, but they have Morton who can handle and defend and Newman that might be a shooter. I think their bigs keep them relevant. They think (hope) they are getting Ramey.  

Purdue's front line will be among the best in the conference. Newman will start at the 2 and he is a really good shooter--a better 3-point shooter than any of IU's 3-point shooters. Purdue's problem will be at point guard. Matt Painter is a good coach, though, so Purdue should not be counted out.

4 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Hope ur right, but Kaufman, Furst, Edey, Gillis will be tough.  Guard play clearly will hold them back, but they have Morton who can handle and defend and Newman that might be a shooter. I think their bigs keep them relevant. They think (hope) they are getting Ramey.  

Guard play is the key element lacking for the Boilers. It was this past season and is amplified even more now.

If Morton is your lead guard, you’ve got big issues. And he’s the closest thing Purdue has to a competent PG. Everyone else (Ivey, Hunter, Thompson) from last year has either gone pro or transferred. Morton’s not a BAD player, but he more of a complimentary guy.

Asking him to be you main PG option is equivalent to expecting Trey Galloway be our top PG. 

Newman has been really bad in two years at Purdue. Not a good defender. A shooter that doesn’t make shots.

Morton has never played the point in two years. Good assist to TO, but 2.7 ppg in 14.8 mpg last year. Remember when we were forced to try RoJo at the point? It’s about like that.

Ramey would help a ton, but Duke and Arizona are after him.

Purdue is set to be the slowest team in America. 

7 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Agree that their frontcourt can be very good. But if their plan to fix the backcourt is Courtney Ramey, they don’t have a plan. No chance. Btw: Nobody has made out better in this process than Ramey. A really good defender and decent secondary facilitator who doesn’t shoot it very well and has XJ-level emotional fluctuations has just sat on his hands for 2 months and now EVERYBODY wants him. Bravo.

Just now, Demo said:

Agree that their frontcourt can be very good. But if their plan to fix the backcourt is Courtney Ramey, they don’t have a plan. No chance. Btw: Nobody has made out better in this process than Ramey. A really good defender and decent secondary facilitator who doesn’t shoot it very well and has XJ-level emotional fluctuations has just sat on his hands for 2 months and now EVERYBODY wants him. Bravo.

Courtney Ramey, Morton, or a freshman Braden Smith...who ya got?

Ramey is not a 30mpg point guard, but he's a whole lot better than their other options.

23 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Courtney Ramey, Morton, or a freshman Braden Smith...who ya got?

Ramey is not a 30mpg point guard, but he's a whole lot better than their other options.

Oh, Ramey, easily, they just have no chance to get him. If you believe what’s out there that Duke has reached out since they lost Keels and Arizona has since they lost Terry, combined with Louisville being on him from the jump and with the NIL opportunities there, Purdue is swimming with sharks.