Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

3 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

He'd instantly be one of the best guards on our roster, maybe the best.  None of our guards should be in his way.  Plus we still need shooters.

Right, I agree, but if he wants to go somewhere and be promised 33 minutes/game, PG role, shots, he can see there are some places with a larger need there than IU this year.

He’s terrific, probably the best available transfer, my comment was more to say we’ve been in worse spots in years past. Sometimes a Thomas Bryant-sized fit materializes when you need one, but sometimes you only get Evan Gordon.

10 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Where is this coming from? I like that players can get quick feedback to make more informed decisions these days. I believe it was just a little over a week (?) he declared for the draft.

Rabjohns called and talked to him fromthe article he wrote. Said that was what NBA scouts were telling him. He needs to show he can run the point for a team since that will be what he is doing in the NBA not playing the 2 guard like he has the last two years. 

41 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Rabjohns called and talked to him fromthe article he wrote. Said that was what NBA scouts were telling him. He needs to show he can run the point for a team since that will be what he is doing in the NBA not playing the 2 guard like he has the last two years. 

And yet... He will probably be getting run off the ball a lot anyways. Depending where he goes. 

39 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Link? I don't think it would be an issue to run a three guard lineup with one of the guards being on the shorter end from an IU perspective. It does make sense from his perspective to go somewhere he can showcase his skills to reach his dreams.

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

Link? I don't think it would be an issue to run a three guard lineup with one of the guards being on the shorter end from an IU perspective. It does make sense from his perspective to go somewhere he can showcase his skills to reach his dreams.

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Kansas-State-guard-Nijel-Pack-discusses-his-transfer-options-approach-potential-NBA-workouts-185522728/

As I said in my earlier post I think IU will try, I just don't think Pack will have interest in us. 

19 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Kansas-State-guard-Nijel-Pack-discusses-his-transfer-options-approach-potential-NBA-workouts-185522728/

As I said in my earlier post I think IU will try, I just don't think Pack will have interest in us. 

He played more pg his first year.   Played mostly off the ball this year.   New era.  Lol.   Sophomore with an agent. Like you said IU can make a pitch and try and tell him why playing the 2 would be better but if the player has his mind made up on what he wants to do then it doesn’t matter if any of us or the coaches thinks it can work out.    Trevor posted a great scouting report of Pack.  Really good stuff 

25 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Paywall? Agreed, doesn't appear to be a good fit from either side with what he needs and who we'll have.

On 3/28/2022 at 9:20 PM, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

The dude averaged about as many turnovers as he did assists. He was the poor mans, poor man's LaMelo Ball. 

Curbelo is like many other players in the Big Ten, if you watch them against IU, you would think they were All Americans but as soon as they play a team not in Red that also doesn't say "Indiana" on the jersey, they blow.  Curbelo had a horrible tournament

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Rob didn't even make the top 30

As I said in another thread. He’s about league average for the role of backup PG. He doesn’t hurt us wherever he goes and there’s no reason to have ill will towards the guy. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

They've obviously not seen Lander play.  

Coaches will be interested in his upside. He was basically a frosh last year and he obviously didn’t fit into what Woody wanted. 

But he has a lot of room to improve and the tools to do so. Some coach will be excited with him as a project. 

Lander is quick and has excellent court vision. His shot needs work and he was weak defensively. But his weaknesses can be corrected. Lander shot better from the field, from 3-point range and from the foul line than Phinisee did. He has natural ability as a point guard, just needs to work on some things.