Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Does anyone saying there's no room for Pack know if he only wants to play pg? 

For those slotting in JHS as a sure-fire starter, what makes you think a kid who has never played college ball is definitely better than a kid who was an All-Big 12 player? JHS could he amazing, but we don't know yet. Reminds me of some people of the boards who thought Bates would start, or even be a one and done. There's too much unknown. 

Talent likes to play with talent. Teams have multiple players on the floor at once who can either initiate the offense or play off the ball. There really is a lot of flexibility here. 

Whether or not IU goes after Pack or Pack is interested, time will tell. It's just premature to slot in starters or determine that these kids won't want to play together. 

10 minutes ago, ziggyiu said:

Does anyone saying there's no room for Pack know if he only wants to play pg? 

For those slotting in JHS as a sure-fire starter, what makes you think a kid who has never played college ball is definitely better than a kid who was an All-Big 12 player? JHS could he amazing, but we don't know yet. Reminds me of some people of the boards who thought Bates would start, or even be a one and done. There's too much unknown. 

Talent likes to play with talent. Teams have multiple players on the floor at once who can either initiate the offense or play off the ball. There really is a lot of flexibility here. 

Whether or not IU goes after Pack or Pack is interested, time will tell. It's just premature to slot in starters or determine that these kids won't want to play together. 

Never know how incoming freshman will adjust to the college game.  People had high expectations for Lander too.  You can never have too much talent and Pack would instantly one of best guards if not the best.  We need him and it's the staff's job to sale him on IU.

5 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Never know how incoming freshman will adjust to the college game.  People had high expectations for Lander too.  You can never have too much talent and Pack would instantly one of best guards if not the best.  We need him and it's the staff's job to sale him on IU.

Watching JHS now, Lander never played with or against this kind of talent. In this game alone I have seen guys going to IU, Purdue, Duke, Texas, Arizona, Vanderbilt. Lander might have played against one division player on his schedule, not many every night out. 

I’d agree w/ @Uspshoosier that Pack is more of a small 2 than a true point. He played next to a 5’7” PG at KSU, but has pretty good assist numbers anyway.

We can only assume why he’s transferring but there are some obvious reasons. The less obvious reasons may determine where he lands, though. If he wants the ball in his hands a ton, yes, Purdue makes sense; if he wants to play for a guy who coached NBA-caliber guards in the NBA, though…

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

So why couldn't he okay at the 3 like Oladipo, Robert Johnson and Romeo did?

I think you can play him wherever as long as you put the ball in his hands. He makes really good decisions. I think we will play 2 point guards with him and X. 

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think you can play him wherever as long as you put the ball in his hands. He makes really good decisions. I think we will play 2 point guards with him and X. 

That would make sense. And if by some chance in the world we could get Pack here, I don't see why anyone would complain about starting X, Pack and JHS. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Watching JHS now, Lander never played with or against this kind of talent. In this game alone I have seen guys going to IU, Purdue, Duke, Texas, Arizona, Vanderbilt. Lander might have played against one division player on his schedule, not many every night out. 

Watching Montverde……I have to say if Lander had been to n that team in high school he would have been getting mop up minutes.  They are that talented AND physically gifted.  JHS is the top rated incoming recruit in the Big Ten….but only the third highest rated senior at Montverde.  Milk Reneau is the fifth rated senior at Montverde….five guys ranked in the top 28.  Landed was rated high — but overranked — and he left high school s year early,

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I think if the staff recruited him as their pg and they turned around and played him at the 3 that would be a bad look and not a great move on the staffs part if they are wanting to have good relations with Monteverde.  Definitely agree they will play X and JHS together.   If Pack comes also I’m pumping up a 3 guard everyone’s happy lineup.