Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

13 minutes ago, Demo said:

Tanner Holden from Wright St is in the portal. 6’6” wing. Averaged 20 and 7. Can get his own shot. Had a huge game against Bryant in the 1st 4 game in Dayton. Good, good player. 

Really good player.   He had 20 pts at half in that game.  I sat next to Bryant’s players families during that game.   They were not a fan of Holden at that time 

11 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Really good player.   He had 20 pts at half in that game.  I sat next to Bryant’s players families during that game.   They were not a fan of Holden at that time 

And finished with 37 apparently.  Wish his 3 PT % was a bit higher (34.1% last year) but looks like someone we should go after.

5 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

And finished with 37 apparently.  Wish his 3 PT % was a bit higher (34.1% last year) but looks like someone we should go after.

HE seems like he could be a diverse talent that we need. The other thing to like is that he came from a somewhat successful program, one that made the tourney at least

Tanner Holden is who I’d want for Kopp’s spot if Kopp wasn’t returning.  I want X, Bates, JHS getting a lot of minutes. Holden could be our new 3 and move Kopp to the bench. 

I’d love to get Reneau and/or Sparks. And keep 1 or Trayce or Race, preferably Trayce.  Lol

FWIW John Camden is also in Portal.  Maybe Archie recruits him again.  

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Tanner Holden is who I’d want for Kopp’s spot if Kopp wasn’t returning.  I want X, Bates, JHS getting a lot of minutes. Holden could be our new 3 and move Kopp to the bench. 

I’d love to get Reneau and/or Sparks. And keep 1 or Trayce or Race, preferably Trayce.  Lol

FWIW John Camden is also in Portal.  Maybe Archie recruits him again.  

I know there are folks who make a case for Kopp, but I simply can't see it or buy it.  The young man may be a terrific spot up shooter...and have certain positives on defense, but they aren't significant enough, IMHO, to offset his mediocrity overall when it comes to athleticism and ball handling and speed.  Guys say what a great stretch 4 he could be, but a 4 has to rebound and Kopp...well, I just don't see him in that role.  

6 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Iowa's Joe Toussaint in the portal.  Only defensive player on a team full of offensive players.

New York kid. Shaheen Holloway’s kind of player. Gonna go ahead and call it for Seton Hall right now. They also have a couple of senior guards to replace, I believe.

Murray State now with 9 players in the portal after their coach left.

Highlights:

K.J. Williams. 6'10" center.  Averaged 18 points and 8.4 rebounds.  37 of 113 from three (33%) last season, 82 of 231 (36%) for his career.

Justice Hill, 6' point guard.  Averaged 13.4 points and 5.1 assists.  Bulk three point shooter, 63 of 176 last year (36%).

Tre Hannibal, 6'2" guard.  Averaged 9.2 points and 5.1 rebounds in 22 minutes.  Previously played at South Carolina.  Really good rebounder for size, not a shooter.

New York kid. Shaheen Holloway’s kind of player. Gonna go ahead and call it for Seton Hall right now. They also have a couple of senior guards to replace, I believe.

I’m not impressed by him. He’s tries playing bully ball at 6’0”. Tough kid, no doubt but I don’t see the skill set.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app