Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

It’s incredibly easy to retool your roster now with the transfer portal.

Well, I guess saying it’s easy is unfair because recruiting successfully is hard, but there are plenty of options. Nearly 25% of D1 players are in the portal. I agree we should target our own guys, but we shouldn’t be held hostage by them.

If a guy isn’t bought in to what Woodson is selling, it might be better to go get someone else in the transfer portal that is going to buy in.

That seemed to be an issue with Archie, I don’t think everyone on this team was exactly buying in to what he was selling.

That being said, if we have a guy on our roster who is willing to buy in there is no reason to look elsewhere. 

One reporter -- can't remember who it was; could've been our friend Goodman -- said a college coach told him he would never recruit a high school kid again.

I can't image building and restocking your roster entirely with transfers, but as a wise man once said: You never know. 

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

One reporter -- can't remember who it was; could've been our friend Goodman -- said a college coach told him he would never recruit a high school kid again.

I can't image building and restocking your roster entirely with transfers, but as a wise man once said: You never know. 

That seems... impossible?

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Indiana grad transfer Al Durham has committed to Providence, per his Twitter page. Quality pickup for Ed Cooley.

rothstein 

You’ve been a Cooley fan for awhile, right?

Good luck to Al! Providence has a great program, passionate little fan base. 

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Indiana grad transfer Al Durham has committed to Providence, per his Twitter page. Quality pickup for Ed Cooley.

rothstein 

Figured he would go to Georgia and this is the 3rd IU guy I remember transferring to Providence. Delray Brooks was on providence 87 final 4 team and a few years ago Emmit Holt transferred there.

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

Probably Fred Hoiberg.

15 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I sure hope to see Providence in the tournament next year. As well as our Hoosiers. Al deserves it. 

Could play the in the Gavitt games this year

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

That seems... impossible?

I'm gonna go out on a very sturdy limb and say Fred Hoiberg. Dude loves the transfer market.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I believe they have a very nice fashion design program and Al has his clothing line so it does make sense that way. 

Another mature decision from Al; so easy to root for the kid. I hope Duke stays and those two make Providence a threat in the Big East next year.