Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

4 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Just read that despite the NCAA changing their transfer rules, there are still two conferences -- the Big South and the Southern Conference -- that require any athlete transferring from one conference school to another to sit out a year before being eligilble.

I'm ok with that, transferring within conference feels dirty. Maybe as a Grad (Max Bielfeldt) but otherwise.....its yucky. For instance that POS Luke Recker, I'd still like to punch his face. 

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Parker headed back to UT Martin. Hope it works out for him. 

In this day and age of the transfer portal, I wonder how many players --  if any -- have had two different stints at one school. 

Payton Willis, Minnesota.  Played 2 years at Vanderbilt, transferred to Minnesota and played one year then transferred to the College of Charleston. Last year transferred back to Minnesota.

11 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Payton Willis, Minnesota.  Played 2 years at Vanderbilt, transferred to Minnesota and played one year then transferred to the College of Charleston. Last year transferred back to Minnesota.

Yep. Forgot about that dude.

3 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

I agree with you, but just because there is an approved means to funnel money to players now doesn't mean the cheating will stop. Kansas, Duke, Kentucky etc aren't gonna let their advantage go away just because of some silly rules. Cheaters will cheat unless & until the enforcement & punishment make it too painful. 

Exactly, they'll double or triple any NIL money if they want someone.

21 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Kansas State has 10 players in the portal. Georgia and South Carolina have 9 each. What did we have last year after our coaching change, maybe 5? People were acting like it was the end of our program. 

We had 9 or 10 if I remember correctly, not counting walk ons.  TJD, Stewart, Geronimo, Durham, Hunter, Franklin, Brunk, Lander and Thompson if I remember correctly.  I don't recall if Phinisee was.  Galloway and Leal never entered the portal.  TJD, Stewart, Geronimo, Lander and Thompson all decided to leave the portal and come back.  Hunter, Franklin, Brunk, and Durham all left.

15 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

We had 9 or 10 if I remember correctly, not counting walk ons.  TJD, Stewart, Geronimo, Durham, Hunter, Franklin, Brunk, Lander and Thompson if I remember correctly.  I don't recall if Phinisee was.  Galloway and Leal never entered the portal.  TJD, Stewart, Geronimo, Lander and Thompson all decided to leave the portal and come back.  Hunter, Franklin, Brunk, and Durham all left.

TJD never put his name  in the portal 

Browsing through my SiriusXM channels, I came across Big 12 radio talking about the portal. Apparently, the NCAA released numbers for 20 and 21. The hosts said 60% of those who entered the portal in 21, either found new homes or went back to their old team. Another 8% became walk-ons. That left almost a third of portal entries without a home. I have not seen the report to verify

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk