Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Saw one comment saying Painter will be out within 4-5 years, which I thought that was funny

Yeah I would think they would be ok with him. Painter is a good coach but seems like he has hit his ceiling. Still better than most. 

John-Michael Wright out of High Point in the portal.  Over three seasons, averaged 17.4 points, 4.9 rebounds, and 2.9 assists.  6'0" guard.  Averaged over 20 points as a sophomore and 18 points last year.  Shot 41/35/77 over three seasons.

Just read that despite the NCAA changing their transfer rules, there are still two conferences -- the Big South and the Southern Conference -- that require any athlete transferring from one conference school to another to sit out a year before being eligilble.

On 4/23/2022 at 7:19 PM, BtownStrength said:

I like NIL over the way it used to be. Let these kids profit off a system that clearly profits off them and brings IU into competitive nature with high level talent. 

I agree with you, but just because there is an approved means to funnel money to players now doesn't mean the cheating will stop. Kansas, Duke, Kentucky etc aren't gonna let their advantage go away just because of some silly rules. Cheaters will cheat unless & until the enforcement & punishment make it too painful.