Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

New portal entry and likely will be one of the most sought after ones -- Northern Iowa's A.J. Green entering the portal and also testing the NBA waters (not likely to get drafted).

After four years at Northern Iowa, Green has put together four year averages of 17.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, and 2.6 apg.  41/38/90 shooter.  Has been a bulk three point shooter;  put up 14.4 shots per game, half coming from three.

12 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

New portal entry and likely will be one of the most sought after ones -- Northern Iowa's A.J. Green entering the portal and also testing the NBA waters (not likely to get drafted).

After four years at Northern Iowa, Green has put together four year averages of 17.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, and 2.6 apg.  41/38/90 shooter.  Has been a bulk three point shooter;  put up 14.4 shots per game, half coming from three.

He is most likely to end up at Iowa State to play for his dad, if his NBA dreams aren't fulfilled this year. 

I guess it will also depend on what interest he receives elsewhere, which will likely be plenty.

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Right.

Once they're in the portal they are the same status as any other player in the portal. IU can choose to take them back or not, and to do so either with or without a scholarship offer.

So they effectively aren’t student athletes with the school at which they played, correct?  So that would mean the Student Athlete Bill of Rights thing that was instituted a few years ago wouldn’t be in effect and IU wouldn’t be on the hook to honor the original scholarship?

Heck, I don’t even know if the SA Bill of Rights is a thing anymore. Didn’t it essentially say that if we awarded a scholarship and they played gets cut from the team we still honor the scholarship?  Please pardon my ignorance in the subject. 

2 minutes ago, RatpigHoosier said:

So they effectively aren’t student athletes with the school at which they played, correct?  So that would mean the Student Athlete Bill of Rights thing that was instituted a few years ago wouldn’t be in effect and IU wouldn’t be on the hook to honor the original scholarship?

Heck, I don’t even know if the SA Bill of Rights is a thing anymore. Didn’t it essentially say that if we awarded a scholarship and they played gets cut from the team we still honor the scholarship?  Please pardon my ignorance in the subject. 

If they go into the portal they are not being cut. They have essentially put themselves back into the same status as an uncommitted high school senior.

44 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Shocking.  This late, I’d imagine this was a Purdue decision. They bringing in a transfer?  Pack?

Can’t imagine it’s a Purdue decision. 

Even if Pack is coming they’d still want Hunter to stay.

On their current roster they currently have quite literally no one that can break down a defense off of the bounce, and quite literally no one that can defend quickness on the bounce.

13 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Can’t imagine it’s a Purdue decision. 

Even if Pack is coming they’d still want Hunter to stay.

On their current roster they currently have quite literally no one that can break down a defense off of the bounce, and quite literally no one that can defend quickness on the bounce.

Why would he leave?  He scared of Fletcher Loyer?  

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Why would he leave?  He scared of Fletcher Loyer?  

Who knows?

Pack is coming and they hate each other

Pack isn’t coming and he doesn’t want to be the pg on a suck-@$$ team

Euro opportunities 

Infinite other possibilities that we haven’t thought of

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Who knows?

Euro opportunities 

You and I know they won’t suck.  You’re right it’s quite possibly not a Purdue decision but it’s an odd one in my opinion.  It seems he knows he won’t start or get starter minutes.  

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

You and I know they won’t suck.  You’re right it’s quite possibly not a Purdue decision but it’s an odd one in my opinion.  It seems he knows he won’t start or get starter minutes.  

If their roster sucks they might. Painter is good and their bigs are pretty good, but Purdoo has had a 12th and 11th B1G finish during the last ten years.

Plenty of transfer options, but until they get them they have serious guard deficiencies. If they don’t add two ball handlers? They’ve got issues.

5 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Shocking.  This late, I’d imagine this was a Purdue decision. They bringing in a transfer?  Pack?

I'm starting to think that Pack is going to land at Ohio State.  Their backcourt from last year is completely gone.....Branham to the NBA, Wheeler and Russell have used their five years, Meechie Johnson transferred.  They brought in Tanner Holden from Wright State -- he averaged 20 ppg last year -- but he's really more of a shooting guard than point guard.

It's been two weeks since Pack visited Purdue.  He visited Miami after that and just visited Ohio State.

15 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Who knows?

Euro opportunities 

Or the prospect of spending even one more year in an atmosphere like WL is too much to consider. He probably realized he needs to get out and experience a world that isn’t dreary and stinky all the time. 

39 minutes ago, RatpigHoosier said:

Or the prospect of spending even one more year in an atmosphere like WL is too much to consider. He probably realized he needs to get out and experience a world that isn’t dreary and stinky all the time. 

I read an interview he gave from last fall and reading it makes it not surprising that he would enter the portal.  Basically was saying that he felt four years staying in the same place was enough and that maybe it was to explore things (whether it be in basketball or elsewhere).