Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

5 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

fly looking picture!  mixed feelings on this recruitment for a lot of reasons.  

I get the same vibes that I had when we recruited Xavier Johnson. Johnson showed hands down the most development over this last season, so I trust Woody can get similar results out of Dennis. 

I’ll be honest, I lowkey liked that response by Dexter to that Twitter question, but I’ll also add, AVOID SOCIAL MEDIA. It’s a hornet’s nest of haters.

Man, That clip made my boy Juwan Morgan, your Fleekness originator, look kinda silly.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

14 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’ll be honest, I lowkey liked that response by Dexter to that Twitter question, but I’ll also add, AVOID SOCIAL MEDIA. It’s a hornet’s nest of haters.

Man, That clip made my boy Juwan Morgan, your Fleekness originator, look kinda silly.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Just saw the tweet...man, twitter truly brings out the idiots. Hopefully he read the positive comments and overlooked the negatives. With that said, legendary response to bring a highlight reel of him torching us in Assembly Hall haha.

The more I think about it, I think he would be a big piece for us. I imagine him and X on the floor, pestering two key positions, creating chaos and feeding off each others energy. Defense creates offense, and if we can get out and run next year, it could be a lot of fun to watch. 

I have a question on the Transfer Portal it might be dumb.... So take it easy on me with the criticism. When you enter the Portal does that automatically forfeit your scholarship for the next season? For instance... I know it won't happen but let's say Parker Stewart decided to withdraw his name from the portal and said he's returning after lets say TJD announced he's returning.. Would Indiana still be on the hook of that scholarship or would the only way Parker be eligible to return is by walk on. Also once a player enters the Portal can a coach block his return?

6 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

I have a question on the Transfer Portal it might be dumb.... So take it easy on me with the criticism. When you enter the Portal does that automatically forfeit your scholarship for the next season? For instance... I know it won't happen but let's say Parker Stewart decided to withdraw his name from the portal and said he's returning after lets say TJD announced he's returning.. Would Indiana still be on the hook of that scholarship or would the only way Parker be eligible to return is by walk on. Also once a player enters the Portal can a coach block his return?

A coach does not have to allow a player to return to the team. If parker says he wants to withdraw from the portal Woody can say tough luck. He is not obligated to take Parker back

7 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

Schollies are a year to year award. So if Parker wanted to come back the coaching staff does not have to offer it. 

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

A coach does not have to allow a player to return to the team. If parker says he wants to withdraw from the portal Woody can say tough luck. He is not obligated to take Parker back

Got it. If he was allowed back would he have to have a scholarship?

28 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

He would have to be a walk on. 

No. That's not true. 

For instance, last year Jordan Geronimo, Lander, and others went into the portal when Archie was fired. 

After they met Woody and staff, they decided to return to IU. We didn't have to take them back or re-offer them a scholarship, but both IU and the players agreed that upon their return they would be scholarship athletes. And therefore, they counted against our 13 scholarships.

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

No. That's not true. 

For instance, last year Jordan Geronimo, Lander, and others went into the portal when Archie was fired. 

After they met Woody and staff, they decided to return to IU. We didn't have to take them back or re-offer them a scholarship, but both IU and the players agreed that upon their return they would be scholarship athletes. And therefore, they counted against our 13 scholarships.

Yeah but that was through IU’s decision. IU could have legally said sorry no scholarship but they choose not to.  JG and Lander were coveted thus the offer was there for those specific players. While at the UNC athletic department  I always had a couple of “disagreements “ with how their women’s soccer coach allocated schollies.  At that time Coaches could even give half a scholarship or even a 25% scholarship to a player to entice them to stay or to make them leave. 

5 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Yeah but that was through IU’s decision. IU could have legally said sorry no scholarship but they choose not to.  JG and Lander were coveted thus the offer was there for those specific players. While at the UNC athletic department  I always had a couple of “disagreements “ with how their women’s soccer coach allocated schollies.  At that time Coaches could even give half a scholarship or even a 25% scholarship to a player to entice them to stay or to make them leave. 

Right.

Once they're in the portal they are the same status as any other player in the portal. IU can choose to take them back or not, and to do so either with or without a scholarship offer.

38 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Right.

Once they're in the portal they are the same status as any other player in the portal. IU can choose to take them back or not, and to do so either with or without a scholarship offer.

Is there a limit as to the number of "walk ons" a team can have?