Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

A little under the radar since he hit the transfer pool at the same time Emoni Bates did, but Memphis teammate Tyler Harris also in the pool.  He's a 5'9" guard with one year of eligibility left.  Was at Memphis his freshman and sophomore year, transferred to Iowa State for his junior year, and then back to Memphis last year.  I'm assuming if he's in the transfer pool that he has immediately eligibility.

Over four years averaged 9.1 points, shotting 37/34/86.  Last year was his best year shooting wise -- 40/39/90.  While the overall percentage is low, he's a bulk three point shooter.  For his career, 676 of his 985 shots are from three.  Mostly has been a change of pace guard and instant offense off the bench.  

3 hours ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Him and Dennis taking visits… and i want TJD back, would only really be comfortable with LD leaving. Lots to unfold these next few weeks 

I’d be fine losing Duncomb and Leal. Galloway too honestly if an upgrade is there. 

Never really wanted Gunn but he’ll be here for next year at the minimum, though I wouldn’t mind if we landed someone in his place either. 

24 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I’d be fine losing Duncomb and Leal. Galloway too honestly if an upgrade is there. 

Never really wanted Gunn but he’ll be here for next year at the minimum, though I wouldn’t mind if we landed someone in his place either. 

I would hope we aren't looking to add on at this point unless the staff feels that someone is wanting to leave.  I strongly doubt either Leal or Galloway want to move on.   Galloway in particular is flexible enough to play three different spots -- particular on defense.

6 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I would hope we aren't looking to add on at this point unless the staff feels that someone is wanting to leave.  I strongly doubt either Leal or Galloway want to move on.   Galloway in particular is flexible enough to play three different spots -- particular on defense.

I doubt that they have any interest at all in moving, but if we have a chance to upgrade the roster we should take it. I don’t like Galloway but he’s at least shown he can be in the rotation. Leal really hasn’t shown anything to make me think he’s anything more than a last player on the bench type of guy. He’s billed as a shooter but he’s shot 30.8% from 3 in college. 

50 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I doubt that they have any interest at all in moving, but if we have a chance to upgrade the roster we should take it. I don’t like Galloway but he’s at least shown he can be in the rotation. Leal really hasn’t shown anything to make me think he’s anything more than a last player on the bench type of guy. He’s billed as a shooter but he’s shot 30.8% from 3 in college. 

We disagree on Galloway.  There is a reason he’s been able to get minutes under two different coaches as a freshman and sophomore.  And the +/- for him on the court compared to off has shown his value.

I simply don’t want us to be in a position where bringing in Dennis or McNeil under the promise of getting minutes handicaps the team.  Truth is their previous play doesn’t make them any more attractive than Stewart and Kopp did prior to last year.  I think to bring them in they are going to have to be ‘promised’ or lead to believe they are going to get playing time that they may not deserve.  I might be okay with that promise coming from another team.  I just hope that if they do sign at IU that the staff doesn’t see them as guys who we are seeing as anyone other than a player who could compete for minutes.

20 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

We disagree on Galloway.  There is a reason he’s been able to get minutes under two different coaches as a freshman and sophomore.  And the +/- for him on the court compared to off has shown his value.

I simply don’t want us to be in a position where bringing in Dennis or McNeil under the promise of getting minutes handicaps the team.  Truth is their previous play doesn’t make them any more attractive than Stewart and Kopp did prior to last year.  I think to bring them in they are going to have to be ‘promised’ or lead to believe they are going to get playing time that they may not deserve.  I might be okay with that promise coming from another team.  I just hope that if they do sign at IU that the staff doesn’t see them as guys who we are seeing as anyone other than a player who could compete for minutes.

I’m not big on Dennis but I’m intrigued by McNeil. A bunch of solid schools want him. 37% from 3 last year and 39% from 3 the year before on good volume. Outstanding free throw shooter. He did it in the Big 12. He was a starter on a tournament team in 2021. I think he fills a hole we had last season.

Theo Akwuba from Louisiana hitting the portal for his fifth season.  Good rebounder and rim protector.  Averaged 9.1 points, 7.9 rebounds, and 2 blocks per game in 25.6 minutes last year.  Averaged 11.3, 9.3, and 2.6 the year before.  He was Louisiana's only bright spot against IU when the Hoosiers beat them 76-44 at the beginning of the season, getting 9 points and 10 rebounds in 23 minutes.