Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

12 minutes ago, triple said:

Last year we ranked 197th nationally in three-point shooting percentage.  A two point improvement would have moved us to a tie for 55th.  A three point improvement to a tie for 29th.   I do love the idea of having an elite D.  But outside shooting is the glaring weakness.  Without it we struggle to build and maintain leads, which in turn increases the burden on our D.  Shooters, yes, please!

Adding one player is not likely to improve our three point shooting that much, especially considering the available players and that they would be replacing our best 3 point shooter by percentage from last season. Replacing one of our worst defenders with a great defender on the other hand...

8 minutes ago, Evariste Galois said:

Is there interest? Would be pretty funny to leave his dad's team to go the school that let him go... great story!

How good is the Horizon league?

Horizon League as a whole is not good, but Davis is legit.

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Haven't we tried enough bad shooters in this program? I mean, 35% FG last year. JFC. I don't care if he saved a school bus full of children we need players who can win games, not more bricklayers.

I’m a prophet!

My take is that Dexter Dennis can probably help win games while laying some bricks. 

With the likely number of new guys, getting them all on the same page and making fit is going to be a challenge. Just the growing pains of advancing the program I guess.

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Haven't we tried enough bad shooters in this program? I mean, 35% FG last year. JFC. I don't care if he saved a school bus full of children we need players who can win games, not more bricklayers.

Apparently we haven't.  We must acquire all the bad shooters!  Can't hit the broad side of a barn?  We've got a spot for them.

Greg Elliott (Marquette) in the portal.  4 year bench player at Marquette who can shoot.  Was in their rotation for four years.  Career 41% three point shooter (94 of 230).  Last year scored 7 points per game in 16.8 mpg, shooting 39/39/89.  Career numbers -- 5.6 ppg in 18 mpg, shot 45/41/82.

2 hours ago, Evariste Galois said:

Is there interest? Would be pretty funny to leave his dad's team to go the school that let him go... great story!

How good is the Horizon league?

I saw an interview with Coach Davis a few years ago and he said he would love to see his son play at IU