Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

29 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Lander is quick and has excellent court vision. His shot needs work and he was weak defensively. But his weaknesses can be corrected. Lander shot better from the field, from 3-point range and from the foul line than Phinisee did. He has natural ability as a point guard, just needs to work on some things.

Saying he shot better than Rob is a low bar. Lander could do well at a mid major. Or a lower team in a P5 conference. He just has a lot of weaknesses both offensively and defensively. 

8 minutes ago, Papacap said:

Saying he shot better than Rob is a low bar.

Rob Phinisee started three years at IU with some really good performances and a couple of game winning shots. So the bar can't be too low for him. Will Kristian Lander fulfill the  promise of his 5-Star ranking. Not likely. But he could be a pretty good player on a decent team if given the chance to play and develop.

14 hours ago, str8baller said:

As I said in another thread. He’s about league average for the role of backup PG. He doesn’t hurt us wherever he goes and there’s no reason to have ill will towards the guy. 

Coaches will be interested in his upside. He was basically a frosh last year and he obviously didn’t fit into what Woody wanted. 

But he has a lot of room to improve and the tools to do so. Some coach will be excited with him as a project. 

I fail to see any upside in KL's game. I don't think there were any "fit" issues in regards to KL and CMW, outside of lack of talent. 

His tools are- small, pretty weak, and a poor shooter. He throws a nice lob though. Fairly quick. 

I just don't see it. Absolutely unaware consistently, unless the ball is in his hands. 

18 minutes ago, Papacap said:

Saying he shot better than Rob is a low bar. Lander could do well at a mid major. Or a lower team in a P5 conference. He just has a lot of weaknesses both offensively and defensively. 

I don't think he is PW5 at all. Evansville/IN ST, maybe he could be successful there. 

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

One time IU offeree.

Louisville sophomore Matt Cross (@mcsnipes33) has entered his name into the transfer portal.   6-7 forward averaged 5.8 points, 3.9 rebounds this season.

Dodged a bullet with him going elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

One time IU offeree.

Louisville sophomore Matt Cross (@mcsnipes33) has entered his name into the transfer portal.   6-7 forward averaged 5.8 points, 3.9 rebounds this season.

Gonna be on his third school.

8 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Link? I don't think it would be an issue to run a three guard lineup with one of the guards being on the shorter end from an IU perspective. It does make sense from his perspective to go somewhere he can showcase his skills to reach his dreams.

Villanova plays 3 guards and sometimes 4 at one time

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

One time IU offeree.

Be his third school in 3 years

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

One time IU offeree.

Remember when we wanted him bad