Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

If woody wants him he will find room.   Pack to me is an undersized 2 which paired with JHS would be ideal.   If woody wants him he needs to make sure to remind him that other staffs passed on him the first time around and he wasn’t here to offer.     This will be a battle to land Pack.   Not just against Purdue but everyone.   He is a first team All Big 12 player as a sophomore.   Very long line 

Would you argue that it would pair well with XJ, as well? I think so. 

I think we could start XJ and Pack and be darn confident. 

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

If woody wants him he will find room.   Pack to me is an undersized 2 which paired with JHS would be ideal.   If woody wants him he needs to make sure to remind him that other staffs passed on him the first time around and he wasn’t here to offer.     This will be a battle to land Pack.   Not just against Purdue but everyone.   He is a first team All Big 12 player as a sophomore.   Very long line 

exactly. It is woody's job to put together the best roster possible not be content just because we already have guards. If guys want to win, they should want the best players around them. If they are afraid of losing playing time, get better.... or leave. no hard feelings

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Would you argue that it would pair well with XJ, as well? I think so. 

I think we could start XJ and Pack and be darn confident. 

I think so but I don’t see JHS coming off the bench.  Not sure how that would play out because I don’t see X coming off the bench either 

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't view Pack as a PG, pesonally. That is why I feel he would be perfect to start with XJ. 

I'd like to see that as well and there would certainly be ways to work in a kid that shoots like that.  The guard situation in general seems to be a lot more open at Purdue next year though, and with Morton and Newman being their only returning scholarship guards I'm afraid the fit would be more apparent.  But as USPS said the competition on this one will expand way beyond just the Toiletmakers, who didn't offer him the first time around.

5 hours ago, Chris007 said:

So far we have only reached out to McNeil from WV, Sparks from Ball St, and Tyreke Key from ISU that we know of correct? 

Living here near Terre Haute, got to watch Tyreke Key (6'3" 205 lb.) at Indiana State.  Think he averaged 17.2 ppg, 5.3 RPG and 2.0 APG his last season (2020-2021). Career 153 out of 409 from 3pt = 37.4%.  He's a baller and can attack the basket, overall good shooter, career 80.3% from foul line and career 45.9% FG%

6 minutes ago, craigyv88 said:

I'd like to see that as well and there would certainly be ways to work in a kid that shoots like that.  The guard situation in general seems to be a lot more open at Purdue next year though, and with Morton and Newman being their only returning scholarship guards I'm afraid the fit would be more apparent.  But as USPS said the competition on this one will expand way beyond just the Toiletmakers, who didn't offer him the first time around.

Couldn't agree more, stats don't lie with this kid......plus been through the battles in the Big-12

Just now, NVFalcons1990 said:

Living here near Terre Haute, got to watch Tyreke Key (6'3" 205 lb.) at Indiana State.  Think he averaged 17.2 ppg, 5.3 RPG and 2.0 APG his last season (2020-2021). Career 153 out of 409 from 3pt = 37.4%.  He's a baller and can attack the basket, overall good shooter, career 80.3% from foul line and career 45.9% FG%

Coming off injury right?

I think offensively you can still have XJ and JHS handle the ball the majority of the time AND add Nijel Pack. He doesn't have to be the one initiating offense to be effective. 

I will say I think it's probably unlikely he doesn't come here, but I believe it could work in bunches. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think offensively you can still have XJ and JHS handle the ball the majority of the time AND add Nijel Pack. He doesn't have to be the one initiating offense to be effective. 

I will say I think it's probably unlikely he doesn't come here, but I believe it could work in bunches. 

I agree it could work. I only watched one KSU game this season and it was in the Big 12 tourney but Pack didn't handle the ball a ton. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

I agree it could work. I only watched one KSU game this season and it was in the Big 12 tourney but Pack didn't handle the ball a ton. 

He just wants to stand in a corner and shoot. I am A OK with that!