Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Talked to an Illinois friend of mine.  Said the writing was on the wall when Underwood didn't play him in the Houston game and said that it was a 'coach's decision'.

Underwood currently recruiting Skyy Clark (guard from Montverde, 28th ranked overall player in '22, decommitted from Kentucky a couple of days ago).

3 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2 hours ago, go iu bb said:

Yes, that's disappointing. I was hoping he'd stay and get lots of play. He hurts more than helps.

The most deranged, hilarious thing I’ve read today? This Illinois football radio guy (?) claiming the best player on the Ayo/Kofi/Frazier #1 seed 2021 Illini was Curbelo

Honestly, Curbelo was my favorite player to watch in the Big 10. Plays that fast paced style that is so much more appealing than typical Big 10 fashio. Love his swagger and vision. Surprised it didn’t work better when he had shooters like Frazier/Miller/Plummer during his tenure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

Honestly, Curbelo was my favorite player to watch in the Big 10. Plays that fast paced style that is so much more appealing than typical Big 10 fashio. Love his swagger and vision. Surprised it didn’t work better when he had shooters like Frazier/Miller/Plummer during his tenure.

He's more Wile Coyote than Roadrunner.

Guess I don't see the vision you talk about.  If he played 30 minutes/game this year, he would have leave the country in turnovers.

1 hour ago, HoosierDYT said:

The dude averaged about as many turnovers as he did assists. He was the poor mans, poor man's LaMelo Ball. 

28 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

The dude averaged about as many turnovers as he did assists. He was the poor mans, poor man's LaMelo Ball. 

He was also recruited by Miller which means there is a good probability he isn't a good fit for the B1G.

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I think that is giving him too much credit.

this past season with Curbelo on the court, Illinois was +2 points per possession.  With him on the bench, they were +14.3 points per 100 possessions.

That 12.3 difference is among the worst in D1.  For comparison, IU was just 6.7 points worse when Durr was on the court.

19 hours ago, IU_FanClub said:

Getting bored with not much Hoosier news coming out thank God the Grizzlies are good so basketball season gets extended for me. Not looking forward to the dreaded stretch between the end of basketball and the beginning of football especially given the state of the Cubs lol

I'm not trying to make fun of your teams... but you are a Grizzlies/Cubs fan? I would assume that combo isn't all that regular.

28 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm not trying to make fun of your teams... but you are a Grizzlies/Cubs fan? I would assume that combo isn't all that regular.

All good haha. My family moved to Memphis from Indiana when I was super young so I grew up in Memphis going to Grizzlies games before moving back up to Indiana for high school. Didn't really get into baseball much until my Junior year at IU so ended up choosing the Cubs and now I live in Chicago so it worked out haha

46 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Hoosiers, Pacers, Padres, and Dolphins fan here.  When I was young my loyalty didn't cross state lines and there was no NFL or MLB team in Indiana (Colts didn't move to Indianapolis until I was in my teens, I believe).  Originally was a Dolphins and Reds fan until the Reds did a fire sale.  Decided to pick another team but didn't want to a bandwagon fan so picked the team with the worst history and at the time it was the Padres.