Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

46 minutes ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

Are we rumored with any other transfer besides Sparks at Ball State?

Looking at top transfers available I keep seeing teams that are interested with multiple recruits and only one that lists Indiana as contacting, is Sparks.

Curious to see if Lewis might be able to convince Sparks to stay at BSU.

2 hours ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

Are we rumored with any other transfer besides Sparks at Ball State?

Looking at top transfers available I keep seeing teams that are interested with multiple recruits and only one that lists Indiana as contacting, is Sparks.

We'll get there. I believe there is only one scholly open currently.

It is entirely possible that no more IU players will be transferring. Trayce Jackson Davis may or may not leave for the NBA or some other level of professional basketball. Race Thompson may or may not decide to move on. But both TJD and Race might remain for another year along with the rest of the team which would mean there is just one scholarship available for a transfer.

It is entirely possible that no more IU players will be transferring. Trayce Jackson Davis may or may not leave for the NBA or some other level of professional basketball. Race Thompson may or may not decide to move on. But both TJD and Race might remain for another year along with the rest of the team which would mean there is just one scholarship available for a transfer.

This would be ideal imo, especially if that means retaining TJD. He’s puts us in the National discussion a little. Without him, we have a lot to prove, and we be rightfully heavily doubted.

Go after Sparks for Durr? Or the best big we can find. Find a way to add a scoring wing, whoever best fits.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

36 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Can he shoot lol

Can't find junior/senior stats on him, but was 29 of 78 from three as a sophomore (37%).  Played at Warren Central.  Had Indiana in his final five with Louisville, IU, Purdue, Nebraska, and Penn State I believe (Ohio State may have been in there).

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This would be ideal imo, especially if that means retaining TJD. He’s puts us in the National discussion a little. Without him, we have a lot to prove, and we be rightfully heavily doubted.

Go after Sparks for Durr? Or the best big we can find. Find a way to add a scoring wing, whoever best fits.

Just my opinion, but if Race and Trayce are both back (as well as JG), IU becomes less attractive for Sparks.  He's been drawing quite a bit of interest and probably would want to go where he could get pretty good minutes.

6 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Can't find junior/senior stats on him, but was 29 of 78 from three as a sophomore (37%).  Played at Warren Central.  Had Indiana in his final five with Louisville, IU, Purdue, Nebraska, and Penn State I believe (Ohio State may have been in there).

Would be a decent replacement since i dont think well get malik reneau (sp?)

17 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Just my opinion, but if Race and Trayce are both back (as well as JG), IU becomes less attractive for Sparks.  He's been drawing quite a bit of interest and probably would want to go where he could get pretty good minutes.

What do you think if only one comes back, which is probably most likely.  Especially if it's Race who returns.  

On 3/25/2022 at 3:33 PM, brumdog45 said:

Bryce Golden, Butler.  6'9", 245 pounds.  Three year starter.  Below the rim type of player.  Averaged about 9 points and 4 rebounds per game in around 25 minutes per game over the last three years.  Did somewhat develop a perimeter game, hitting 23 of 67 (34%) from three this year.

Jermaine Couisnard, South Carolina.  6'4" combo guard.  Played high school ball at East Chicago.  Was South Carolina's leading scorer last year.  Averaged 12 points, 2.5 rebounds, and 3.2 assists last season.  Averaged in double figures all three years.  Does not look to be a good shooter.....put up shooting percentages of 37/30/67 his three years at South Carolina.

Golden was my favorite Butler player. He would be a nice, solid pickup, if nobody better is available. He would be a major step up from Durr.

18 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Is that because they are confident they can land better or is the admin making transfers difficult still

They are being selective. They don’t have a ton of roster spots and needs guys to fill certain roles that are clear upgrades.