Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

9 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

You start working back channels like nobody’s business to get an educated guess on who “miiiiight” just be looking for a new home, but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. 

Absolutely. College coaches are making calls to high school coaches and AAU coaches (and have been for over a month) to say if player X was interested in leaving his current situation I'd love to have him. 

The reverse has been happening too. High school coaches are are still close to players that have graduated and AAU coaches still connected to a player are making calls to college coaches to see if there's interest in a player. 

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Once we or any program for that matter knows definitely that it has slots to fill, do you attack the portal immediately or wait to see what other names enter the portal in the next few weeks and run the risk you lose a kid you might have otherwise snagged because he commits elsewhere?

Yes.

1 hour ago, go iu bb said:

I feel relief seeing this. Now there a couple of more players I want to see transfer.

I think we all assumed.  Not a big talent loss but we will need some big bodies, especially depending on what Race and Trayce do.

Brandon Murray (LSU) in the portal.  Was a true freshman last year.  6'3" guard, averaged 10 ppg, 3 rebounds, 2 assists in 31 minutes.  Shot 34% from three (40 of 119).  Was a four star player out of high school on 247 (82nd overall).

3 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Brandon Murray (LSU) in the portal.  Was a true freshman last year.  6'3" guard, averaged 10 ppg, 3 rebounds, 2 assists in 31 minutes.  Shot 34% from three (40 of 119).  Was a four star player out of high school on 247 (82nd overall).

To me it seems that players that play in the south seems like they stay somewhere in the south or go to the big 5 (UK, Duke, UNC, Gonzaga, Kansas).

just seems like kids who choose these SEC and PAC-12 schools don’t want to move in the Midwest winters.  May be wrong, just thinking out loud.

Keon Edwards transferring from Nebraska......this will put him on his third team in his three years of college.  He was a four star, top 100 player out of high school.  Went to DePaul and only got into 5 games, playing a total of 39 minutes.  Transferred to Nebraska this past year.  Appeared in 19 games, logging just about 100 minutes.  Probably a kid that would have benefited from transferring down instead of laterally.

7 hours ago, go iu bb said:

I feel relief seeing this. Now there a couple of more players I want to see transfer.

Yes, this is a huge relief. I'd really like to see P Stew follow suit. I only want to keep Kopp if he is coming off the bench to get 10-12 minutes. 

7 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

Yes, this is a huge relief. I'd really like to see P Stew follow suit. I only want to keep Kopp if he is coming off the bench to get 10-12 minutes. 

I agree with that. The problem is that I think if Kopp stays he'll continue to start and get lots of minutes. I'd rather he left and removed that temptation for Coach.

Bryce Golden, Butler.  6'9", 245 pounds.  Three year starter.  Below the rim type of player.  Averaged about 9 points and 4 rebounds per game in around 25 minutes per game over the last three years.  Did somewhat develop a perimeter game, hitting 23 of 67 (34%) from three this year.

Jermaine Couisnard, South Carolina.  6'4" combo guard.  Played high school ball at East Chicago.  Was South Carolina's leading scorer last year.  Averaged 12 points, 2.5 rebounds, and 3.2 assists last season.  Averaged in double figures all three years.  Does not look to be a good shooter.....put up shooting percentages of 37/30/67 his three years at South Carolina.