Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

42 minutes ago, IUHoosier5 said:

Rumor: Bates is gone.

I was told this at the Michigan BTT game by an IU senior whose friend works with Rabby. His parents are very unhappy. Hopefully this doesn't happen because I want him back on this team next year

Would definitely not be ideal. If he put in the work this off-season he could be a major piece moving forward. I guess the rumors of 5 players being suspended for the Northwestern was written off and lots of jokes made until it was true too though.

Would be an epic loss. Geronimo and abates are our best returning players. I’d be pissed too, watching Stewart and Kopp stink it up for 25 straight games and not stealing their run. Granted in his limited minutes he was missing lots of shots, but the potential is enormous.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Maybe if we lost that Michigan game and went NIT, things change? Could see that being the case.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I don’t know, but she sounded pretty excited for next year and make it to the Big Dance again

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Maybe if we lost that Michigan game and went NIT, things change? Could see that being the case.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Personally, I think the more logical explanation is that it's a game of telephone where someone along the line is making a rumor up to be in the 'know'.  A senior at IU knows someone that works for Rabby who says that Rabby knows Tamar is transferring?  Even that that chain actually existed (in these kind of cases, the senior saying he has a 'friend who works for Rabby' isn't even verified.  

If a guy actually worked for Rabby AND was privy to that type of information, he sure as hell better not be just leaking it willy nilly or he wouldn't be working for Rabby very long.

At this point? Given that many rotation players may leave, the three most likely to get heavy minutes next year are (in order of likelihood):

1. Jordan Geronimo
  2. Tamar Bates
  3. Jalen Hood-Schifino

Gallo will get minutes for sure, but I'm not sure he'll ever be 25+ minutes. It all depends whether he can develop a consistent jump shot, which is no guarantee to say the least. 

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

At this point? Given that many rotation players may leave, the three most likely to get heavy minutes next year are (in order of likelihood):

1. Jordan Geronimo
  2. Tamar Bates
  3. Jalen Hood-Schifino

Gallo will get minutes for sure, but I'm not sure he'll ever be 25+ minutes. It all depends whether he can develop a consistent jump shot, which is no guarantee to say the least. 

Agree 100%. Lots of holes to fill.  

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

1. Jordan Geronimo
  2. Tamar Bates
  3. Jalen Hood-Schifino

I would substitute Gallo with Bates.  I would be shocked if he isn’t playing 25+ minutes.

It’s obvious who CMW trusts and who he doesn’t.  Bates is going to be a fine player but he isn’t there yet.

I was hard on JG at the beginning of the season because I thought the game was still too fast for him.  That’s why he was getting the quick hooks from CMW.  He just needed time for things to slow down.  I see the same thing Bates.  That and he has to earn it on the defensive end.  He’s just not quite there yet but it will come.

14 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

1. Jordan Geronimo
  2. Tamar Bates
  3. Jalen Hood-Schifino

Yes, and in: re: transfer rumors a page back, that would surprise me, though of course I can’t refute it. By Ortg Bates was worse than the upperclassmen who played lots of frustrating minutes this year. More potential, sure.

He seems to really like Woody — part of the reason I’d be surprised is based in things he’s said on the podcast he does with Jerod from Assembly Call. If he leaves I’d guess it’s to be closer to family.

Here’s hoping he stays.

Like others pointed out, Bates’ mom had a tweet after the game that makes it sound like he’ll be back next year. That sure would be good news for the program, and I want nothing more than that rumor I shared to be just that…a rumor.

Assuming Bates does come back, I still am curious to see how the rest of the roster pans out. Does TJD declare or come back? Does CMW ask a few players to go?

There’s no denying there’s a lot of question marks right now, and the roster could look a lot different next year. No matter what happens, please for the love of all things Indiana basketball get some *real* LETHAL shooters.

Like others pointed out, Bates’ mom had a tweet after the game that makes it sound like he’ll be back next year. That sure would be good news for the program, and I want nothing more than that rumor I shared to be just that…a rumor.
Assuming Bates does come back, I still am curious to see how the rest of the roster pans out. Does TJD declare or come back? Does CMW ask a few players to go?
There’s no denying there’s a lot of question marks right now, and the roster could look a lot different next year. No matter what happens, please for the love of all things Indiana basketball get some *real* LETHAL shooters.
Is XJ done? Or will he take his covid year?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Shooter Mcgavin is available
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Is XJ done? Or will he take his covid year?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Your guess is as good as mine. I’d like to see him come back, personally.

The player I feel most for is Phinisee since he never could put it together for extended stretches and didn’t partake in Senior Night. Playing time likely isn’t there next year if X stays with JHS coming…

It’s shaping up to be an interesting offseason.