Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

8 hours ago, Demo said:

We did start a thread on Sparks back in '20 which people may want to look at as a refresher on him.

(2021) C Payton Sparks

Rumor: Bates is gone.

I was told this at the Michigan BTT game by an IU senior whose friend works with Rabby. His parents are very unhappy. Hopefully this doesn't happen because I want him back on this team next year

Just now, IUHoosier5 said:

I was told this at the Michigan BTT game by an IU senior whose friend works with Rabby. His parents are very unhappy. Hopefully this doesn't happen because I want him back on this team next year

It would certainly line up with his approximately 39 seconds of court time in the last 5 games/8 days (not an e!) stretch. We’ll see. I definitely hope it isn’t true also. 

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

It would certainly line up with his approximately 39 seconds of court time in the last 5 games/8 days (not an e!) stretch. We’ll see. I definitely hope it isn’t true also. 

If it's true, it's going to p-ss off a lot of IU fans because it could have been avoided had he been given PT over Stewart/Kopp. Once again, hope it's not true, but it would really, really sting if it does indeed happen

Im not sure he would be a huge loss. He’s a ball dominate player without PG ability. The ball tended to stick with him too much but to be fair, he didn’t get much run this year. 

I’ll keep an eye on the portal starting Monday. Don’t expect anything this weekend. 

8 minutes ago, IUHoosier5 said:

That’s weird, his dad always most pictures online when they are at games

1 minute ago, Trish said:

Im not sure he would be a huge loss. He’s a ball dominate player without PG ability. The ball tended to stick with him too much but to be fair, he didn’t get much run this year. 

I’ll keep an eye on the portal starting Monday. Don’t expect anything this weekend. 

Yea, let the loss cool off and weigh options first than jumping this weekend 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

That’s weird, his dad always most pictures online when they are at games

He was also joining live podcasts and celebrating with the Hysterics last week during the BTT. Seems like a stretch.

12 minutes ago, IUHoosier5 said:

I’m not buying this. His entire family seems to love IU. 

17 minutes ago, IUHoosier5 said:

Bates to Rabby to friend who works with Rabby to IU senior to you.....at this point that would be a fourth hand rumor.  Not saying I know anything about it but I hear third or fourth hand rumors all the time that don't happen and aren't true.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

Bates to Rabby to friend who works with Rabby to IU senior to you.....at this point that would be a fourth hand rumor.  Not saying I know anything about it but I hear third or fourth hand rumors all the time that don't happen and aren't true.

Everything you said is factual. I want to believe Bates stays, but it would not surprise me if he did leave since he hardly got any run towards the end of the season when Stewart/Kopp struggled badly

11 minutes ago, IUHoosier5 said:

I'd be ecstatic if Bates doesn't leave. Since the season has ended, I figured I'd share the info that was relayed to me at the Michigan BTT game. Here's hoping the rumor isn't true

For a guy leaving he sure looked very involved while on the bench.

Hovapido said: it would certainly line up with his approximately 39 seconds of court time in the last 5 games/8 days (not an e!) stretch. We’ll see. I definitely hope it isn’t true also. (quote option not working for me).

-----------

?

Five game stretch in the last 8 games he went DNP, 1 min, 3 min, 11 minutes against Wyoming, 17 minutes tonight.

Could be he sees the loyalty woody gives upperclassman and knows his time is next and that he can strew  up and still get 37 min moving forward.    His parents were on an IU podcast live after the win against Michigan when he got 0 min.   They took to the time to be on the podcast after and win and talk about how exited they were about the win and talked about their son not getting in.  

4 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Hovapido said: it would certainly line up with his approximately 39 seconds of court time in the last 5 games/8 days (not an e!) stretch. We’ll see. I definitely hope it isn’t true also. (quote option not working for me).

-----------

?

Five game stretch in the last 8 games he went DNP, 1 min, 3 min, 11 minutes against Wyoming, 17 minutes tonight.

Hyperbole is my brand. 

Edit: I would’ve never guessed he had 17 minutes tonight, but I also turned it off at the under-16 to watch the good games.