Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Creans already purged the roster 2 or 3 times. If your friend thinks it’s the players you need to get your friend help.  Friends don’t let friends listen to Tom Crean 

He's not really a fan of Crean at all. He's just a lifelong disappointed UGA fan... 

And they've had plenty of issues... Whenever I get down on IU, I talk to one of my UGA buds and I feel better. 

14 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

First Tom Crean purged the Mark Fox players.

Now Tom Crean is purging the Tom Crean players.

I think he’s already purged the Tom Crean players. Now he’s purging the replacement players.  Where’s footsteps falco when you need him. 

Anyone talking about IU reaching out to 7'0 Michael Durr who started at South Florida last year? Committed to Virginia Tech but since reopened his recruitment. IU did a zoom with him with the whole staff. Averaged 8 points and 7 rebounds or something like that. Seems interesting and somewhat odd with our roster but nothing wrong with kicking the tires, unless it hurts your foot. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

Anyone talking about IU reaching out to 7'0 Michael Durr who started at South Florida last year? Committed to Virginia Tech but since reopened his recruitment. IU did a zoom with him with the whole staff. Averaged 8 points and 7 rebounds or something like that. Seems interesting and somewhat odd with our roster but nothing wrong with kicking the tires, unless it hurts your foot. 

Yup--it's a few pages back in this thread.

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Kind of hope it’s just kicking the tires unless the staff see something special I guess. I understand you do what is necessary to add impact talent, but nothing really jumps off the page as super special about Durr from what I’ve seen. 

I wonder who is thinking they might transfer but hasn’t announced it. The later it goes, the more awkward it gets because the kid may find it harder to find a good landing spot.

54 minutes ago, ramadden13 said:

Kind of hope it’s just kicking the tires unless the staff see something special I guess. I understand you do what is necessary to add impact talent, but nothing really jumps off the page as super special about Durr from what I’ve seen. 

I wonder who is thinking they might transfer but hasn’t announced it. The later it goes, the more awkward it gets because the kid may find it harder to find a good landing spot.

Well, school is out and I believe players were given a couple of weeks to go home to spend some time with family so is the time to be deciding if they want to transfer. 

2 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Did he enter the portal? Kind of a weird tweet 

I assume so, but so far everyone is getting their news from a release from the IU program that does not mention Jerome’s next steps.

Well, we can’t say this is surprising. He was the name most identified as the most likely to transfer. Best of luck to the kid. He’s been here a long time and endured a lot. I still think he’s got some good college basketball in him. 

It appears the staff wants another 5 to fill in, right? Makes the Brunk transfer interesting, as others have noted. He was a freebie on the roster. 

Do your thing, Coach Woodson! I’m ready for a Top 15 team.