Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

17 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Albeit on a 9-16 team as a sophomore. Trey was a freshmen on a better team. 

They were 6-10 in the 16 games that he played, for whatever that’s worth. He had a 23/11 game against Tennessee. He shot 80% from the line last year. He’s athletic. Look at the poster he puts this Vanderbilt player on at 1:20. I don’t know how much he would play next season here, but it would be more than Galloway would play. Keion’s only a grade ahead too, so theoretically he’d still have 3 more years of eligibility.

I guess I don't know why people are discussing Galloway as a possible player exiting....I didn't see anything from Chris indicated him as being the player(s) potentially on the move.  I thought he was pretty transparent with the like of the post about the player that Fife had been playing up.

5 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I guess I don't know why people are discussing Galloway as a possible player exiting....I didn't see anything from Chris indicated him as being the player(s) potentially on the move.  I thought he was pretty transparent with the like of the post about the player that Fife had been playing up.

No Galloway was the name mentioned to me. I told the person I hoped they were wrong. They said they were told Galloway lack of 3pt shooting isn’t something Woody likes. 

24 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

They were 6-10 in the 16 games that he played, for whatever that’s worth. He had a 23/11 game against Tennessee. He shot 80% from the line last year. He’s athletic. Look at the poster he puts this Vanderbilt player on at 1:20. I don’t know how much he would play next season here, but it would be more than Galloway would play. Keion’s only a grade ahead too, so theoretically he’d still have 3 more years of eligibility.

I like Galloway and what he brings to the team. His shot may or may not improve but he brings a lot of other things to the table and most importantly, he has been IU through and through.

whether Brooks is better or not, not convinced but can see the argument. Regardless, I don’t see either being a starter next year so why push out the loyal kid for one that could have been a Hoosier coming out of high school, could have come after his freshmen year, could have come when IU was trying to fill our roster over the last month but waited and waited and waited until our roster was set and remained to this day with our slimy rival. 

I like the 13 that bleed IU. I don’t want him. I’ve said my peace. Here is to hoping we see the 13 we currently have when the ball tips for our first exhibition game

13 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I like Galloway and what he brings to the team. His shot may or may not improve but he brings a lot of other things to the table and most importantly, he has been IU through and through.

whether Brooks is better or not, not convinced but can see the argument. Regardless, I don’t see either being a starter next year so why push out the loyal kid for one that could have been a Hoosier coming out of high school, could have come after his freshmen year, could have come when IU was trying to fill our roster over the last month but waited and waited and waited and reminded to this day with our slimy rival. 

I like the 13 that bleed IU. I don’t want him. I’ve said my peace. Here is to hoping we see the 13 we currently have when the ball tips for our first exhibition game

There are too many conversations that have happened without me to form an opinion like that. From what I know about Woody, his players love him. Not a little but a lot. 

I am also not going to really criticize a kid like Brooks who may not have liked Archie. He would have been right. I also think his parents helped him decide and I think that is perfectly fine. HS kids, even college grads should seek advice from others. 

Maybe the reason he did not leave UK before was because his choice was IU and we were a mess. I have read a ton of UK fans who felt he was the only one who played hard last year.  Seems he might have stayed because he has somewhat loyal but I don’t know. 

I won’t bash Woody for something like this. I defer to the respect he has earned from millionaire nba players and trust him with the roster. 

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

No Galloway was the name mentioned to me. I told the person I hoped they were wrong. They said they were told Galloway lack of 3pt shooting isn’t something Woody likes. 

Hope that's not true.  Anyway, lack of 3 pt shooting is is obviously something you don't like, but IMO he is a guy that long term is fine.  And you simply aren't going to have 13 guys on your roster that are going to get quality time on the court.  The eventual domino effect is that guys who are expecting time will leave.  I already am seeing some players that were getting quality time before that aren't going to be getting those kind of minutes.  Galloway was a guy that obviously is going to see a minute drop but I think that is something he was okay with considering that everything he has said is that he was coming back from the get go.

Personally, my opinion is that if Brooks was looking to come that Galloway wouldn't have to leave because someone else would see that the minutes they thought they were going to get were going to drop....whether it be Race, Jerome, Jordan....so bringing in Brooks IMO means not losing Galloway, it means losing someone who we are expecting to be in the rotation.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

And for those that don’t want Brooks for two years, did you feel the same way about Zeisloft? Oh? It’s because Nick wasn’t from a rival?

How ‘bout the one year of Bielfeldt, UM traitor that he was? Kopp? He has bled purple for three years.

I wouldn't say because it's from a rival -- I don't care about that -- but rather I don't want someone forced out that wants to be here.

Brooks probably makes us marginally better.  IF there isn't anyone that wants to leave, is it worth 'suggesting' they move on just to get marginally better?  Kopp already signed and brought in us a combo forward that can shoot with our last spot.....Brooks seems to provide just a lot of what Thompson and Geronimo can already provide.

I would honestly rather keep Galloway over getting any player. If the number one player in the country Chet Holmgren or whoever decided that he wanted to come I would still rather keep Galloway. He wanted to here and has seemingly never wavered from that. If that’s the difference between a trip to the E8 or S16 and a first round exit so be it.

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

And for those that don’t want Brooks for two years, did you feel the same way about Zeisloft? Oh? It’s because Nick wasn’t from a rival?

How ‘bout the one year of Bielfeldt, UM traitor that he was? Kopp? He has bled purple for three years.

Did IU prioritize those kids out of high school? No. They went to IU 1) when they had the opportunity and 2) when there was an open scholly

iu has had an open scholarship open for Brooks for 3 years and he hasn’t taken it. I find it troubling if he now takes it when one isn’t available

I would honestly rather keep Galloway over getting any player. If the number one player in the country Chet Holmgren or whoever decided that he wanted to come I would still rather keep Galloway. He wanted to here and has seemingly never wavered from that. If that’s the difference between a trip to the E8 or S16 and a first round exit so be it.

No offense to this logic of thinking, truly, but I want to play for IU and I have never wavered on that. As a kid, I used to dream that being able to play for IU would be my last wish from the genie in Aladdin. Doesn’t mean that (in this hypothetical situation) that I should be playing for IU and/or fans/the staff can’t want/try to recruit a better athlete or player.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Did IU prioritize those kids out of high school? No. They went to IU 1) when they had the opportunity and 2) when there was an open scholly
iu has had an open scholarship open for Brooks for 3 years and he hasn’t taken it. I find it troubling if he now takes it when one isn’t available

Players don’t play for the school as much as people may think. DIEHARD fans may, but players go to schools for the coaches. Maybe Archie was a part (perhaps a big part) of the reasons why he didn’t come to IU originally.

2 minutes ago, JHoosier914 said:

Players don’t play for the school as much as people may think. DIEHARD fans may, but players go to schools for the coaches. Maybe Archie was a part (perhaps a big part) of the reasons why he didn’t come to IU originally.

Perhaps, so when IU had 4 scholarships open for weeks... where was he then?

2 minutes ago, JHoosier914 said:

Galloway and Leal made it very clear that they were here to play for the school after Miller was fired.