Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Just now, Ghost of Rick Majerus said:

I've never seen the kid play but from the clips I have seen, I really like the kid. Hoping he can have an immediate impact. 

What are your thoughts?

I think if he is your 3rd best player in the post... you're off to a very solid start. I think day 1 he can play 8mins a game. 

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

Could do that.  It will be interesting to see.  Kopp is a possibility to still come in as a 3/4, but I see his role as very similar to Jerome Hunter's.

But if we do bring in Kopp, it creates competition for that spot. That's a good thing. 

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

But if we do bring in Kopp, it creates competition for that spot. That's a good thing. 

I'm just not sure Kopp is looking to come in and compete for 15 to 20 minutes/game.  It would be great for our depth if that is what it meant....I just think that the mutual interest was already there and he could have committed already if he was convinced.

Reality check....

Need a big. TJD and Race will in all probability be gone after next year. Duncomb can't be the only big on the roster and I'd be disappointed if Geronimo was stuck playing the 5 again. We got some shooters, now find a big.

We have 1 open scholarship for '21 and probably 3 for '22.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

Reality check....

Need a big. TJD and Race will in all probability be gone after next year. Duncomb can't be the only big on the roster and I'd be disappointed if Geronimo was stuck playing the 5 again. We got some shooters, now find a big.

Race has 2 years of eligibility left 

5 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

Reality check....

I'm not sure why Race would be gone after next year.  

26 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

Reality check....

Not really a necessity for this year.. and I don't see one that is REALLY going to help us NEXT year, be willing to play marginally THIS year. 

Race has 2 years of eligibility left 
Race has one year (Covid) and one year redshirt (if approved) after this yr. I hope he takes them, and does so at IU.... Just don't see it unless he reinvents his game.

Phin has one year (Covid) after this year. I'm hopeful he stays and improves his game, but concerned about his ceiling after what we've seen at that position. He can be better..... I don't see him here after next year.

One of Galloway or Leal will become impatient for P/T, and with Gunn coming who can provide the same as both....don't see both here after next year.

I can prophesize, but I'll support who ever is on the bench. But I think the landscape changes as it always does with different coaching.

13 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Rabby thinks a decision is close too. Should know soon.

3 minutes ago, rayl456 said:

Maybe after five years he's ready for something else?

If that were the case he would have left this year. Could he grow frustrated with his role or PT under Woodson, sure, but I think that is the case for anyone on the roster.