Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

1 minute ago, JimmerNoe said:

TJD and Armaan I believe drove up to his commitment just to support him even though he was picking UK. Not sure it’s related to his quote but they are definitely friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just daydreaming here, but could you imagine if Brooks came to IU and Coach Woody turned him into a 1st rounder? UK would still get the top recruits that would go pro straight from high school if they could, but IU could turn into a developmental stepping stone to the NBA. 

10 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Rupp Rafters doesn’t have a clue, one of their posters said that Jboy just grabs stuff from message boards. Another poster said their is smoke about Keion transferring

Could’ve just stopped after the bold part...

6 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Are these really his stats?  That 3pt% is yikes 

C8E3CA68-FEA5-4914-A3C0-52BA2027D39C.png

Yeah he’s not been very good compared to what was expected. To be honest I don’t really want him. 

21 minutes ago, JimmerNoe said:

Just saw a tweet from an SEC insider account with 13.5k followers that says Keion Brooks to the portal and then to Indiana... I’m not getting Brad Stevens’d again but that would be ok with me

Yes he and TJD are very close. I vividly remember TJD trying to steer him to IU but supported him in his decision. Brooks would be a nice get. 3 and D and high energy

1 minute ago, Gnet550 said:

Yes he and TJD are very close. I vividly remember TJD trying to steer him to IU but supported him in his decision. Brooks would be a nice get. 3 and D and high energy

Very true, maybe this is a signal that Ed Schilling is coming back to join CMW's staff - galactic brain stuff going on in Bloomington right now ; )

Yeah he’s not been very good compared to what was expected. To be honest I don’t really want him. 
May not be a popular opinion but wholeheartedly agree. Especially considering that baggage that comes with him in the form of Sr

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Keion would basically be Race without the physicality. Seems like most on here have arrived at the opinion that Race is likely the odd man out. I'm not sure I see the fit. I would rather go after a guy like DJ Jeffries from Memphis.

Upset about Swider but I fully expected Syracuse immediately when I saw the list.

I would be Happy about Brooks.  He can be good. He can be better.  I like his size and speed.  I like that he likes TJD and they play well together.  

Lets get the FN band back together boys!

1 minute ago, rcs29 said:

May not be a popular opinion but wholeheartedly agree. Especially considering that baggage that comes with him in the form of Sr

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I do worry a little about the baggage from Sr, I’ll freely admit that.  But many players have baggage, we just don’t know about it.  

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Upset about Swider but I fully expected Syracuse immediately when I saw the list.

I would be Happy about Brooks.  He can be good. He can be better.  I like his size and speed.  I like that he likes TJD and they play well together.  

Brooks have an outside shot at all? Haven't watched him too much at Kentucky, but can he step outside at all? From what I've seen he's pretty active on the glass

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I do worry a little about the baggage from Sr, I’ll freely admit that.  But many players have baggage, we just don’t know about it.  

We also don’t know if he took anything to go to Kentucky. He’s been a bust but he was very regarded out of HS. If I’m gonna be cool with an instate kid who spurned IU for Kentucky, transfering here it needs to be a All BigTen First Team lock. Brooks doesn’t deserve a scholarship at IU and there are better options in the portal than him. 

He defends well and is long as hell, can switch 4 positions on D. Attacks the glass. He’s kinda the prototypical NBA body. I trust Coach Woodson could make good use of those things.

Who knows if this even has any legs but I think it’s crazy to not want a guy as raw as this to come home and play with his HS buddies in a transition year. I think he’s a guy that just needs a change of scenery.

12 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

We also don’t know if he took anything to go to Kentucky. He’s been a bust but he was very regarded out of HS. If I’m gonna be cool with an instate kid who spurned IU for Kentucky, transfering here it needs to be a All BigTen First Team lock. Brooks doesn’t deserve a scholarship at IU and there are better options in the portal than him. 

This is nonsense. 

Brooks is a player and a great talent. You take him if you can get him. 

7 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Was not a fan coming out and didn’t consider him a miss. But he changed my mind this year. He was the only kid in that dumpster fire that played hard in every game of theirs I saw. Competed on the boards. Was probably their best defender. Was vocal with teammates. Was taking coaching from Cal. Gained a lot of respect for him. And the stroke isn’t broken. I’m confident he can make shots. I think he would have a chance of being a nice fit with Trayce. Just not sure that’s the role he’d be looking for.