Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

According to Rivals, Franklin has a Zoom call on Saturday with Illinois. The main IU writer said Illinois is putting on the full court press to get him.

That being said, he said he felt IU has a better chance of landing him today than he thought they did at the beginning of the week, but this is going to be a recruiting battle.

He said Woodson really want him and is doing what he can to keep him, but Underwood obviously really wants him as well.

Any knowledge of this nature about lander? Or any other player at that. 

3 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

I think Franklin is gone tbh. 

I get that sense too, his return to Bloomington next year would be... Interesting. We need to be looking into the portal for back-up options at the very least though.

2 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Franklin was developing nicely and I really liked his trajectory. But, this is a new day and he is not irreplaceable. For every loss, there will be a gain. CMW seems extremely confident that he knows what he is looking for. If he can get from the players who were last season, then great. If not, there are other guys. Everyone on the team, whether here last year or not, will be starting from the same place in CMW's system. To those who leave, I wish them well. Those who stay, I can't wait to watch this get rolling.

Agreed, can’t say I would be happy for Armaan to see him transfer within the conference to one of our rivals, but at the same time if you don’t want to buy in to what Woodson is selling, you are replaceable.

Make no mistake about it, I want Armaan back, him and Stewart could be a really good shooting duo, but there are 1,000+ kids in the portal. If you don’t want to be part of what Woodson is building there will most likely be plenty of other options who do. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

is Illinois minus Ayo and Cockburn really better next year than IU with a junior Trayce, junior Franklin, and Coach Woodson? I don't know who Illinois is bringing in next year, though, so maybe they're replacing those two with studs. I honestly wasn't that impressed with Illinois last year when we played them. We were right there with them in both games, even going to overtime in one of them. 

Not saying those guys won’t go pro but according to Givony on ESPN the only one getting drafted in either round is TJD. Ayo and Kofi aren’t even projected. So unless they hire agents they could come back. I haven’t heard if they’re hiring agents. 

30 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Franklin was developing nicely and I really liked his trajectory. But, this is a new day and he is not irreplaceable. For every loss, there will be a gain. CMW seems extremely confident that he knows what he is looking for. If he can get from the players who were last season, then great. If not, there are other guys. Everyone on the team, whether here last year or not, will be starting from the same place in CMW's system. To those who leave, I wish them well. Those who stay, I can't wait to watch this get rolling.

The one nice part of the "free year" and the ability of players to jump into the transfer portal with immediate eligibility is that CMW will be sure to only have players on his roster who are buying into his system. 

In the past, when players to sit out a year when they transferred, you would often worry if the new coach was really going to have "his guys" on an existing roster of players. In CMW's case, he knows that anyone who doesn't want to buy in can leave. I think this is actually a big blessing in disguise for him. 

I think Franklin is a good player, but I don't want him at IU if he isn't buying in. There's obviously been something wrong with the fit of these guys in recent years. Maybe CMW would be better off with a significantly different roster. 

2 hours ago, Dalton26 said:

I think Franklin is gone tbh. 

If he is then I think Stewart will step in and take his place.  Also I think Coach Woodson want to have more size on the wings with 6'6-6'8 guys and doubt if he would want to go with a 3 guard lineup.

I get why AF would consider another school. He spent the shut down improving his game in a big way. IU did not improve as a team and if reports are true that we told a recruit we might get Stevens then I am sure the players heard as well. When that does not materialize and you have all these teams that had proven success this year I get why you would consider leaving for that. As much as I like what Woodson has said he is unproven and it might take a year or two to get his system in place.

I think if we landed some high end talent that would make AF want to stay vs running from competition

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

2 hours ago, ib4iu said:

Not saying those guys won’t go pro but according to Givony on ESPN the only one getting drafted in either round is TJD. Ayo and Kofi aren’t even projected. So unless they hire agents they could come back. I haven’t heard if they’re hiring agents. 

NBAdraft.net has Ayo going 22nd and Cockburn 52nd. No chance Ayo doesn't go and I'll be surprised Cockburn stays either.

2 hours ago, ib4iu said:

Would you take TJD before either of them? I wouldn't. 

8 minutes ago, Scott_b said:

NBAdraft.net has Ayo going 22nd and Cockburn 52nd. No chance Ayo doesn't go and I'll be surprised Cockburn stays either.

Yep I looked at an old one. Most updated on ESPN has Ayo as 22nd prospect, TJD at 81 and Cockburn not even in the top 100

but I could see Franklin being intrigued on taking on that role. Similar style player as Ayo. 

Edited by ib4iu