Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Very impressive young man.  Watch this and you will like him even more 

I've liked him ever since I watched that.  Great kid.  Rutgers has to hate to see him go.  I wonder if he put his nose to the grind could he make it at the next level?  Evidently he has been grinding in the classroom.  

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Not trying to be snarky, but after the last couple of years isn't a rebuilding in order?  Lots of structural issues that need to be addressed.

lol no kidding. These players haven't won anything at IU. Coaching was bad, but players were equally bad. 

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Not trying to be snarky, but after the last couple of years isn't a rebuilding in order?  Lots of structural issues that need to be addressed.

Our four year rebuild need a rebuild :(

14 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I saw one tweet that said Lander actually will transfer. I wonder if that's actually true, or if the tweeter misunderstands the transfer portal? 

I know which one you're referring to and IMO he just made an assumption.  I've seen no other comments specifically saying Lander intends to transfer.

With an extra year of eligibility being granted and a whole new class of Freshmen coming in, there should be less scholarships available.  Finding a landing spot for the average player may be difficult.

6 players in the portal! I'm really hoping for Stevens, but I'm inclined to think that's not happening with how many players have entered the portal. If Dolson really was going to land him I'd like think he'd had informed the players that he was coming and just was a matter of timing with the conclusion of the NBA season, or whenever Stevens was going to resign. The roster is going to have some Crean first 3 season vibes to it at the rate things are going. Ready for this IU nightmare to end. I'm not a patient person by nature, but this coach search and exodus is getting absurd.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

There are two things intermixed in the panicky responses I think. First, I think every reasonable fan knows there is going to be a rebuild of some kind necessary no matter what but most would rather avoid a "from Tabor up" type rebuild if possible. Second, these players really aren't all that far away with a decent coach. IMO, the biggest structural issue was the coaching or lack thereof, with a good coach and another piece or two they could be competitive pretty quick, especially in a BIG that is not going to be as tough next season. Still, the coaching hire is the most important thing though and it is better to lose some good players than to botch the hire. 

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Yes. Other than TJD this roster stinks. Dont know how you get this many guys on one team who cant shoot.

Not snarky at all. It’s exhausting being a fan for over 50 years and think that we need to endure this cycle of hype, non-performance and rebuilding.

Agree that this team has won nothing and many of us were excited about these kids coming to IU.

Reality is that there is no such thing as an “Indiana kid” who sticks with IU no matter what. They will always pursue their individual interests. It is what it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk