Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

5 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Dang man. Pretty sure you've called the program a f-ing joke in the toilet on a further downward spiral. Now our best players deserve better opportunities, before even knowing what kind of opportunity they'll have right where they are. I understand being concerned, but it may time to put down the ol' keyboard and back away from the message boards for a bit. 

I don’t disagree with you that I should probably call it quits. I’m just calling it as I see it. 

I don’t disagree with you that I should probably call it quits. I’m just calling it as I see it. 

Agree, It’s been a bad 3-4 days. Nothing has happened good.

Thad Matta, was he really the target? Ouch.

Woodson, Beilein? Ouch.

Now a transfer.

I couldn’t care less about transfers so long as we get a legit coach.

If we end up with a rebuild with Woodson or B-Line it’s going to take everything I have to keep giving a damn.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Agree, It’s been a bad 3-4 days. Nothing has happened good.

Thad Matta, was he really the target? Ouch.

Woodson, Beilein? Ouch.

Now a transfer.

I couldn’t care less about transfers so long as we get a legit coach.

If we end up with a rebuild with Woodson or B-Line it’s going to take everything I have to keep giving a damn.

You could argue the silence is a good thing though...heck they could’ve announced a Beilein hire 5 days ago

Parker Stewart enters transfer portal.

Great, just what we needed, another good shooter leaving. First Armaan, now Parker. Can't blame them with the unknown ahead, but I wonder if Dolson's talk to the team had any effect at all. 

Not sure when the portal closes from a time line, but I would think there would be ample time to wait for a new coach before deciding. Granted, none have left yet (except maybe Durham) but it is disappointing that our "better" players are choosing to transfer. I know it's not a definite, but you gotta believe there will be many offers for these guys.

Only way kids can talk to other coaches is if they officially put their name in the portal.  With not having to sit out a year to transfer this gives kids a little power.   Since the transfer portal has been used more kids have entered to get a feel and then have decided to go back to their school.    Last year bowling green had a stud guard enter and could of went anywhere but after entering he decided to come back. Like I said at the beginning of the year when this was announced the  Transfer market this year is going to be crazy.   If this rule passes for good expect to see some high majors recruit the transfers harder then high school kids 

At this rate, we may not have a team to put on the floor next year. Might have a bunch of mis-fits, but doesn't look like a team.

Don't blame them for protecting their own interests, but man, this is depressing. I could see if some of the guys at the end of the bench started transferring, but the starters makes it tough on us fans.

Just now, theriverpilot said:

I have to think (or hope) these guys are just testing the waters and not dead set on moving on. 

Sure but as soon as a school that actually wins comes calling good luck keeping them. Uncertainty is scary for kids and that's what they are looking at.  

2 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

I have to think (or hope) these guys are just testing the waters and not dead set on moving on. 

I think the political saying "testing waters" is the nice way of saying "I'm not eliminating them but.." 

what happens when a better program and a program that has an actual big coach reaches out? Not good. I think these boys are gone for good. 

Just now, Treesh said:

I think the political saying "testing waters" is the nice way of saying "I'm not eliminating them but.." 

what happens when a better program and a program that has an actual big coach reaches out? Not good. I think these boys are gone for good. 

Totally agree with you and @ap2345.  I'm just trying to make myself feel better!!

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Only way kids can talk to other coaches is if they officially put their name in the portal.  With not having to sit out a year to transfer this gives kids a little power.   Since the transfer portal has been used more kids have entered to get a feel and then have decided to go back to their school.    Last year bowling green had a stud guard enter and could of went anywhere but after entering he decided to come back. Like I said at the beginning of the year when this was announced the  Transfer market this year is going to be crazy.   If this rule passes for good expect to see some high majors recruit the transfers harder then high school kids 

This is all correct and with the coach fired it is all the more true and basically normal for current players to add their names to the portal. People are still assuming that means they're all gone -- we do not know that and depending on who the replacement coach is some or all may return. 

22 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

The problem is they will get offers and they will have to decide before IU hires a coach. This is why you don’t fire Archie when they did unless they had their guy ready to sign on the dotted line. Dolson better back up a brinks truck after the tournament is over and save some for the kids he’s gonna need to transfer here because the guys who enter the portal are likely going to leave or risk accepting whoever takes the job