Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

2 hours ago, Schreckbagger said:

Race has one year (Covid) and one year redshirt (if approved) after this yr. I hope he takes them, and does so at IU.... Just don't see it unless he reinvents his game.

Phin has one year (Covid) after this year. I'm hopeful he stays and improves his game, but concerned about his ceiling after what we've seen at that position. He can be better..... I don't see him here after next year.

One of Galloway or Leal will become impatient for P/T, and with Gunn coming who can provide the same as both....don't see both here after next year.

I can prophesize, but I'll support who ever is on the bench. But I think the landscape changes as it always does with different coaching.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BtownBanners mobile app

The past year was a 'free' year for everyone -- as in it didn't count as a year.  So Race actually has two years plus a redshirt year (if approved) if he wants it. 

As for Kopp where would he play at IU the 3 or the stretch 4.  I would think he might go to the others if he is looking to go and start somewhere.  I see this roster 2 deep at each position do I would have a hard time seeing where Kipp would get huge minutes.  Unless we see a significant player transferring out I have a hard time seeing minutes for Kopp. I like Kopp and he seemed to play well against us but don't know if he will come here.

Johnson/Lander.

Bates/RP./Leal

Stewart/Hunter./Galloway

Race/Geronimo.

TJD/Duncomb.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

As for Kipp where would he play at IU the 3 or the stretch 4.  I would think he might go to the others if he is looking to go and start somewhere.  I see this roster 2 deep at each position do I would have a hard time seeing where Kipp would get huge minutes.  Unless we see a significant player transferring out I have a hard time seeing minutes for Kopp. I like Kopp and he seemed to play well against us but don't know if he will come here.

Johnson/Lander.

Bates/RP./Leal

Stewart/Hunter./Galloway

Race/Geronimo.

TJD/Duncomb.

Race isn't the 4 anymore, nearly as much. 

11 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

The past year was a 'free' year for everyone -- as in it didn't count as a year.  So Race actually has two years plus a redshirt year (if approved) if he wants it. 

No, 2 years of eligibility, not 3. He redshirted Miller's 1st year and then played 3 years. Since last season didn't count he's used 2 years of eligibility so has 2 left.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

As for Kipp where would he play at IU the 3 or the stretch 4.  I would think he might go to the others if he is looking to go and start somewhere.  I see this roster 2 deep at each position do I would have a hard time seeing where Kipp would get huge minutes.  Unless we see a significant player transferring out I have a hard time seeing minutes for Kopp. I like Kopp and he seemed to play well against us but don't know if he will come here.

Johnson/Lander.

Bates/RP./Leal

Stewart/Hunter./Galloway

Race/Geronimo.

TJD/Duncomb.

Based on his prior BT performance he seems to be ahead of Hunter, Leal and Galloway and Rob offensively. He brings a specially being a prolific 3 pt shooter and not just in practice or HS. 

If he wants to play a key role for a potential winner then we offer a lot. If he wants to play a lot, then he could do better probably elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

No, 2 years of eligibility, not 3. He redshirted Miller's 1st year and then played 3 years. Since last season didn't count he's used 2 years of eligibility so has 2 left.

He has played three years -- but last year did not count toward eligibility.  So he's played two against eligibility.

So he has two years left but could possibly have three years IF the NCAA approved it -- his sophomore year he only played 9 games which would make him eligible for a redshirt year.  That would be up to the NCAA if they would accept a second redshirt year for him, but they lately have been lenient in doing so when a player has been truly injured.  So one of the three years he's played has the potential for a redshirt year as well.

The post I was disagreeing with said that he had only one year left plus an additional one if the NCAA gave him a redshirt season for his sophomore year.

3 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Based on his prior BT performance he seems to be ahead of Hunter, Leal and Galloway and Rob offensively. He brings a specially being a prolific 3 pt shooter and not just in practice or HS. 

If he wants to play a key role for a potential winner then we offer a lot. If he wants to play a lot, then he could do better probably elsewhere. 

An area where he hasn't outperformed Hunter is in his ability to rebound, which if he is going to have to play some 4 is pretty important.

5 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Can't really redshirt Duncomb unless we were to bring in another true big.  Leal would actually make some sense.

Could have Race backup TJD like we did this year

Our team needs a dominant post presence in the worst way.

Race, Trayce, and Duncomb isn’t enough. We’ve addressed shooting and guard play. We have enough wings. Hunter, Geronimo can lock down 3 spot with a third guard at times.

We need offensive and defensive rebounding, shot blocking/deterring. A dominant big has a huge impact on any team and we haven’t had one in forever.

Does Kopp take Hunter and Geronimos minutes. Do we want that. I don’t get it. He’s not a plus defender. He’s a good, not great shooter.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

12 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

He has played three years -- but last year did not count toward eligibility.  So he's played two against eligibility.

So he has two years left but could possibly have three years IF the NCAA approved it -- his sophomore year he only played 9 games which would make him eligible for a redshirt year.  That would be up to the NCAA if they would accept a second redshirt year for him, but they lately have been lenient in doing so when a player has been truly injured.  So one of the three years he's played has the potential for a redshirt year as well.

The post I was disagreeing with said that he had only one year left plus an additional one if the NCAA gave him a redshirt season for his sophomore year.

He's not eligible for a medical redshirt unless they've changed the rules on that. While it's true that he played only 9 games he's disqualified from a medical redshirt because of when he played those games. It has to be a season ending injury incurred in the 1st 1/2 of the season. He came back and played at the end of that season so it wasn't "season ending."

So I stand by my statement of only 2 seasons of eligibility left.

6 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

An area where he hasn't outperformed Hunter is in his ability to rebound, which if he is going to have to play some 4 is pretty important.

Yeah and Rob, maybe Galloway are better defenders.  Personally I think we are thin at the 5 and I would prefer we add a solid player there. Logan could be much better than I expect but I suspect if TJD has foul trouble or even an injury we are going to need one more 5.  

Race can play there some but not for many minutes at a championship level. 

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Our team needs a dominant post presence in the worst way.

Race, Trayce, and Duncomb isn’t enough. We’ve addressed shooting and guard play. We have enough wings. Hunter, Geronimo can lock down 3 spot with a third guard at times.

We need offensive and defensive rebounding, shot blocking/deterring. A dominant big has a huge impact on any team and we haven’t had one in forever.

Does Kopp take Hunter and Geronimos minutes. Do we want that. I don’t get it. He’s not a plus defender. He’s a good, not great shooter.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

We weren't going to get someone expecting a huge role though. Just wasn't going to happen. 

10 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Why? 4 or 5 spot as a starter up for grabs with TJD at one spot. Race doesn’t scare a great player away. He’s a back up on a good team.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

What were those options to get? I think Kopp is a fantastic pick up if true. Some games he plays 8m some he plays 28m and there's no issue.