Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

He’s 19/20 years old and was put on the spot. IMO he was absolutely right about Rupp, but I agree that he didn’t site the basis for what he said with..exact...perfectly...chosen...words. If that’s what it takes to bother us? Oh boy. 

That's not my point. I agree he was put on the spot. However me being told it had nothing to do with the name "Adolph" is wrong. Here is his direct quote. Would've been a non-issue had he said I don't know much about it or something along those lines. Or even just ending after the first part.  

“Being honest, I haven’t educated myself well enough on Adolph Rupp or just the whole situation at hand to really give you my thoughts on it,” said Brooks, who is also a member of the SEC Council on Racial Equality and Social Justice. “From what I do know, I would like to see a name change just basically because of what his name is and what that’s connected to and what that kind of represents. I would like to see a name change.”

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

That's not my point. I agree he was put on the spot. However me being told it had nothing to do with the name "Adolph" is wrong. Here is his direct quote. Would've been a non-issue had he said I don't know much about it or something along those lines. Or even just ending after the first part.  

“Being honest, I haven’t educated myself well enough on Adolph Rupp or just the whole situation at hand to really give you my thoughts on it,” said Brooks, who is also a member of the SEC Council on Racial Equality and Social Justice. “From what I do know, I would like to see a name change just basically because of what his name is and what that’s connected to and what that kind of represents. I would like to see a name change.”

His name represents racism.  The fact your trying to twist his words to fit some other narrative is strange to say the least 

A kid saying he hasn’t educated himself well enough but stating “from what I do know” there needs to be a change. Sounds like more logic than what many twice his age give in response.

I didn’t know much on President Jordan’s past but from what little I did know I knew he didn’t represent what Indiana University is about. Weird!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

17 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

What are you talking about? Nowhere in his quote does he mention it is merely because of his first name, Adolph. That is you own inference.

10 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

His name represents racism.  The fact your trying to twist his words to fit some other narrative is strange to say the least 

His name absolutely does not represent RACISM!  If anything, and that is loosely, it might be in reference to antisemetism.   Do you know history?

11 hours ago, rcs29 said:

He sounds dumb and un-educated on history with this response.  He should've just kept his mouth shut if he didn't know what he was talking about.

6 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

What is the cutoff date to enter the portal?

There are all sorts of portal related questions.  From postings on this site, those that are in the portal have lost their scholarships.  Players only may get scholarships if the coach approves.  Do the player and/or his parents and the coach have to sign off on this (ie. commitment) ?

So, let's say a player is allowed to return after entering the portal.  Coach gives the player the scholarship. Then the player changes the decision...can he go back into the portal?  

I just wonder when Coach Woodson will draw the line.  And, it may be flexible considering the decision thought process and meetings with player and parents.  Heard it was today...but not sure.

On a side note...hope this team jells, hits shots, plays with intensity, help each other,  and wins and wins...and represents Indiana University in a very positive manner....banners galore!