Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

22 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

That’s a bold statement and very likely true.

I wonder how much of that contributed to Dane Fife wanting to get out of there. I'm hoping a lot. I don't want to think that we hired someone who was OK with what was going on in that athletic department. For the record, I don't think we did. Time will tell.

8 hours ago, cthomas said:

I wonder how much of that contributed to Dane Fife wanting to get out of there. I'm hoping a lot. I don't want to think that we hired someone who was OK with what was going on in that athletic department. For the record, I don't think we did. Time will tell.

I don’t think it contributed at all. The only reason Fife left was because it was Indiana. The sexual assault issues were several years ago at this point and Fife hadn't gone anywhere. 

Troubled Kansas big man Silvio De Sousa enters the transfer portal.  Was suspended for half the season after picking up a chair during a brawl with Kansas State in 2020.  This past season he did not play as he was in trouble for an off the court aggravated assault case.

57 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Troubled Kansas big man Silvio De Sousa enters the transfer portal.  Was suspended for half the season after picking up a chair during a brawl with Kansas State in 2020.  This past season he did not play as he was in trouble for an off the court aggravated assault case.

Guess that was a big miss for TJ and Dollar Bill!

Interesting trivia on a slow news day from Jon Rothstein --

Number of players in the transfer portal: 1,663

Number of players who entered the transfer portal and have not currently found a new school: 580

Percentage of players who entered the transfer portal and have not currently found a new school: 35.1%

30 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Number of players who entered the transfer portal and have not currently found a new school: 580

Percentage of players who entered the transfer portal and have not currently found a new school: 35.1%

ive made a huge mistake.gif

10 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

One think to keep in mind is that there a quite a few walk on in that 580 total.  If they don’t find themselves receiving a scholly, they can just remain a walk on.

Interesting report from Jon Rothstein with summer workouts currently taking place.
Marquette's Dawson Garcia is entering the transfer portal, per his Twitter page.  Garcia is also an early entrant to the NBA Draft.  A return to Marquette is also possible.

Boo. Wish we had space.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Not many big names entering the portal now, but Keith Williams (Cincinnati) just did.  6'5" shooting guard just entered.  14.3 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 2.5 apg last season.  Four year player at UC and was a 1,000 point scorer.  I'd say he's an Al-Durhamish type of player.

5 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Not many big names entering the portal now, but Keith Williams (Cincinnati) just did.  6'5" shooting guard just entered.  14.3 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 2.5 apg last season.  Four year player at UC and was a 1,000 point scorer.  I'd say he's an Al-Durhamish type of player.

I imagine more will hit as players get into practice and get a feel for next seasons team and how they will fit into it, once they get with the new roster.

While most rosters likely won't change, no one has a set roster.

7 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

I imagine more will hit as players get into practice and get a feel for next seasons team and how they will fit into it, once they get with the new roster.

July 1, is the deadline for entry into the portal if you want immediate eligibility for the upcoming season.  In future years May 1, will be the deadline. 

59 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

July 1, is the deadline for entry into the portal if you want immediate eligibility for the upcoming season.  In future years May 1, will be the deadline. 

Thanks. I wasn't sure when the deadline was. About a month left to evaluate.

Ben Allen Transfered in August under the old rules.