Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Not really good enough to get full starter minutes at Nebraska, but hey... why not!

Nebraska's Dalano Banton is keeping his name in the NBA Draft, he told ESPN. 6'9 point guard who led Nebraska in assists, rebounds and blocks. Had a good showing at the G League Elite Camp in Chicago and in a subsequent Pro Day in front of quite a few NBA scouts.

Even though Neb. Probably wasn't going to be very good but without him they really be had again

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Even though Neb. Probably wasn't going to be very good but without him they really be had again

Disagree.

With him they would have been much improved. Without him they will still be much improved.

20 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Disagree.

With him they would have been much improved. Without him they will still be much improved.

They will still probably finish between 11-13th

7 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

The NBA draft process (and actually the whole league) is stupid. There I said it. Sure, this might just be an instance of a naïve and/or dumb kid, but the entire draft process is ridiculous. I am a fairly keen B1G basketball observer but I only vaguely remember this guy, but a "good showing" at a camp now means he's potential NBA material? Of course you cast a wide net for talent, but sheesh, the NBA is pitiful.    

He's not going to get drafted and I'm willing to bet that is what NBA scouts are telling him.  What he likely played himself into was a G league spot and he probably views that as a better chance of getting to the NBA than through Nebraska.  Not sure how that's a stupid process.

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Disagree.

I guess I'm not seeing it.  Teddy Allen was dismissed with five games left in the season and is now at New Mexico State.  He lead Nebraska with 16.5 points per game.  He and Banton accounted for around 40% of their scoring, 30% of their rebounding, and 30% of their assists.  The transfer portal only brought in to them two guys who averaged 2 and 3 points per game at DePaul and Xavier.

2 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

I guess I'm not seeing it.  Teddy Allen was dismissed with five games left in the season and is now at New Mexico State.  He lead Nebraska with 16.5 points per game.  He and Banton accounted for around 40% of their scoring, 30% of their rebounding, and 30% of their assists.  The transfer portal only brought in to them two guys who averaged 2 and 3 points per game at DePaul and Xavier.

They have a 5 star coming in and they played better without allen imo. I still think theyll be tbe bottom of the B1G but a better team than they were this past szn

9 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

They're also bringing in a University of Indy 16.0 ppg, 3 point shooting forward, and McGowan's five star brother is an instant major upgrade. Their best big, Derrick Walker is there and healthy for a full season. Blanton ended up coming off the bench by the end of the season; while he was talented he's not a huge loss.

13 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I'm glad he is back. I've enjoyed watching him play(but not against the Hoosiers)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Agree completely, I have grown to really enjoy Pikiell's squads over the past few years- they have a grit and toughness that's easy to appreciate.

18 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Agree completely, I have grown to really enjoy Pikiell's squads over the past few years- they have a grit and toughness that's easy to appreciate.

Me too. I'm anxious to see if the Hoosiers develop some of that "toughness" as a team. Johnson brings some with him, don't know about Stewart, Kopp I think will play tougher for us than at NW. He's got the "boy-ish" look about him, until you see his eyes. I think he'll be a great addition for us.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see if we develop that under Woody.

Personally, I hate this new "free agency" transfer/portal/BS, even though we probably benefited greatly from it this off-season.  Especially in the case where a player throws their name in the NBA draft, puts his college team in limbo for a month or more, then withdraws and decides to enter the portal.  I fear CBB will become like the NBA - players dog-piling to form super teams.  Jerry Seinfeld's line about "rooting for laundry" then becomes applicable to college ball.

9 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I’m confused by this because I thought the deadline to enter the portal be immediately eligible was July 1st. Maybe these guys think they’ll get a waiver

I’m confused by this because I thought the deadline to enter the portal be immediately eligible was July 1st. Maybe these guys think they’ll get a waiver
Could be Graduate Transfers. They're still immediately eligible, right? Used to be the old fashioned way of getting a transfer on the floor immediately

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk